Thread: CBD oil?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbruno View Post
    The Hemp bomb gummies are pretty good.

Indeed, Hemp should NOT be discounted as it too has pain reliving properties

http://whale.to/a/hemp_oil_photographs.html

In fact, Chinamart™ sells a Hemp pain relief lotion that I'll use if'n I throw too many Sammys or Frogs. It is $19.88

They even have a Hemp Oil that can be used in cooking. (Same price) Both are in the "As Seen On T.V." aisle

Not a cure all....

Know a guy who thought the cannabis oil would help with his cancer. Here is a p-scan showing the tumor. DIDN'T help, in fact the tumor grew...dang near lost his life because of his negligence. Fortunately, after chemo and stem cell transplant he is in remission. Oil can be a useful remedy for pain and what not but it isn't a cure all. Tumor in abdomen is about the size of a softball.

IMG_0740.jpg
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

3. Member
    Been using it for about 8 months now. It works for me, others it doesn't. I use Joy Organics, 1000mg. A 30ml bottle runs 100 bucks and they have money back guarantee if it don't work for you. They have a ton of info about cbd on their website as well as lab results and it's zero thc.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Snake oil man, pure snake oil. I had a couple of guys at work take that crap and tell me how great it was and how much btter they were after starting the snake oil. After a few weeks the pain was back. They both had issues with wrists and elbows. After the placebo effect wore off, they both went in for surgery. They are better now, after real medical stuiff happened. I wouldn't waste money on anything that wasn't approved to treat any medical problems. This is where the snake oil salesmen step in and tell me I'm wrong.
    So....because it did NOT work for YOU...it WON'T for ANYONE???? Wonder why there are so many prescriptions from different companies for the same ailment.....hmmmm.....maybe because EVERYONE is different and what works for one may not for another. LOVE the fact you are a GENERALIST and throw your generalizations onto EVERYONE. good luck with that....for all we know you are the NEW REEFER MADNESS propaganda machine.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Know a guy who thought the cannabis oil would help with his cancer. Here is a p-scan showing the tumor. DIDN'T help, in fact the tumor grew...dang near lost his life because of his negligence. Fortunately, after chemo and stem cell transplant he is in remission. Oil can be a useful remedy for pain and what not but it isn't a cure all. Tumor in abdomen is about the size of a softball.

IMG_0740.jpg
    You have to use it for a long period of time for it to DISRUPT the cancer. Also, there are a few different forms of OIL that can be helpful for Cancer and Simpson Oil would be my first choice.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    My wife has been using CBD oil for a month or more. It seems to help her chronic back pain. It didn't relieve it totally, but it did enable her to be able to walk without as much pain as she used to have. Downside is the cost, they are very proud of it around here.
    Agree, the stuff I used was around $55 for a 2 week supply. After 2 weeks I didn't improve at all so I decided to forget it.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    So....because it did NOT work for YOU...it WON'T for ANYONE???? Wonder why there are so many prescriptions from different companies for the same ailment.....hmmmm.....maybe because EVERYONE is different and what works for one may not for another. LOVE the fact you are a GENERALIST and throw your generalizations onto EVERYONE. good luck with that....for all we know you are the NEW REEFER MADNESS propaganda machine.
    Reading comprehension is not your forte I see. I NEVER tried it, and I never will. People that work for me were bragging about how great it was, until the placbo effect wore off. Then they realized it didn't help and got professional help to fix the problems. Don't let the bees out man. Thanks for playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Reading comprehension is not your forte I see. I NEVER tried it, and I never will. People that work for me were bragging about how great it was, until the placbo effect wore off. Then they realized it didn't help and got professional help to fix the problems. Don't let the bees out man. Thanks for playing though.
    Curious how much research you have done to know it’s a placebo for everyone? I think it’s funny you say you will never try it but if a doctor prescribes something for you you take it without hesitation. Maybe do some actual research on it instead of just blowing it off because a couple guys you worked for didn’t have success.

9. Banned
    What consumers should know

Both Bonn-Miller and Ward stress that it's up to the consumer to be well-educated about the material they're purchasing and the research that's out there. "The companies that are creating [cannabis oils] are offering lots of claims about its use that are not necessarily substantiated by any research," Bonn-Miller said. So "I think there needs to be, from a consumer standpoint, a lot of vigilance," he added.
    And the products on the shelf aren't all the same, Ward said. "There can be many, many different varieties, and if you're thinking about doing this for medical reasons, you want to find a trusted source and do your research," she said. "Where does that oil come from, and how confident can you be that you know the exact percentages of the different cannabinoids in the product?"

Bonn-Miller also explained that it's imperative to exhaust the traditional and established front-line treatments that are available before seeking out these products. "CBD is not really a first-line treatment for anything," he said. "You don’t want situations where somebody says, 'I have cancer I'm going to forgo chemotherapy because I read something about CBD or THC helping with cancer.'" That's not a good idea, Bonn-Miller said. "Not only is the science not there, but you may end up worse off."

Original article on Live Science.

I have actually read up on it quite a bit. I have chronic back pain from a fall when I was a late teenager when a tree stand broke. That resulted in a broken back and I have suffered from that ever since. I don't like taking any kind of prescription meds for pain because they make me drowsy and I can't take them during the day. I looked into the craze when this stuff came out, and all of them said it wasn't intended to treat or diagnose any illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    That's my first question... Can it be detected on a drug test???... Doesn't matter if it's legal or not. If your company screens for that particular drug and a random drug test comes up positive you can and will be fired... The company I work for sent out numerous emails when the marijuana legalization craze started, if you test positive you will be terminated, no exceptions... Just a thought... Dan
    Heck Dan, every other day is your Friday. Go ahead and try it so the rest of us will know! I'd kind of like every day to be your Friday since you kind of liven up the lounge on "your Fridays".

11. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post

IMG_0740.jpg
    Thankfully I DON’T have cancer. I do have herniated discs in my low back with pain/sciatica and neuropathy radiating down both, but mainly my left leg.

I don’t believe that medical cannabis in any form is an end all cure for.... anything really, and definitely not cancer (although, I do believe that there is a cure for cancer out there that “they” just haven’t told us about yet. More on that later in the “BBC Conspiracy Theories “ section)

I do believe that it has a number of legitimate medical uses, evidenced mainly by patent filings by the US department of health and human services nearly 2 decades ago. One of the main things I think it is effective at is relieving pain and inflammation. I know that cannabis is helpful to me for pain relief, but I don’t care to have my state of mind altered if I can get around it.

12. Member
    I took Hempworx for a few months. You want to take the best dumps of your life? Try it. I was amazed!
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JStratosB View Post
    I took Hempworx for a few months. You want to take the best dumps of your life? Try it. I was amazed!

What if someone wanted to 'leave' dumps in lieu of 'taking them'? (don't worry I wipe 'lefty' ever since pitching those 14 games straight in the Northwest League...)

My wife has Parkinson's and shakes so bad she can not hold a half cup coffee with out it sloshing out and her handwriting is no longer legible, after a couple of hits on the CBD, she has a 90 % improvement. She does a couple time a day and it has made a tremendous improvement for her. Handwriting is normal, no coffee spills and she can now put mascara on.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Jesus hates the pot.
    Nah, I'm sure if we fired up a fat one he'd pass it around just like old willie. I really don't get some peoples opposition to people using weed based products, or just smoking it. A lot more people do it than will admit it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Thankfully I DON’T have cancer. I do have herniated discs in my low back with pain/sciatica and neuropathy radiating down both, but mainly my left leg.

I don’t believe that medical cannabis in any form is an end all cure for.... anything really, and definitely not cancer (although, I do believe that there is a cure for cancer out there that “they” just haven’t told us about yet. More on that later in the “BBC Conspiracy Theories “ section)

I do believe that it has a number of legitimate medical uses, evidenced mainly by patent filings by the US department of health and human services nearly 2 decades ago. One of the main things I think it is effective at is relieving pain and inflammation. I know that cannabis is helpful to me for pain relief, but I don’t care to have my state of mind altered if I can get around it.
    Take it from someone who has been in your shoes, seek out the best medical help you can find for your situation. I developed drop foot by waiting to long and surgery did not correct that. I'm relatively pain free but limited to what I can do without having serious issues. I have a protruding disc now, have had it for 4 years now, and the doctor will not operate again until I can no longer stand it. Don't wait like I did, my first surgery after the drop foot was a success but I thought I could resume my normal routine and it cost me another surgery that has not let me improve to where I was before.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    My wife has Parkinson's and shakes so bad she can not hold a half cup coffee with out it sloshing out and her handwriting is no longer legible, after a couple of hits on the CBD, she has a 90 % improvement. She does a couple time a day and it has made a tremendous improvement for her. Handwriting is normal, no coffee spills and she can now put mascara on.
    I am very happy for her.

18. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Take it from someone who has been in your shoes, seek out the best medical help you can find for your situation. I developed drop foot by waiting to long and surgery did not correct that. I'm relatively pain free but limited to what I can do without having serious issues. I have a protruding disc now, have had it for 4 years now, and the doctor will not operate again until I can no longer stand it. Don't wait like I did, my first surgery after the drop foot was a success but I thought I could resume my normal routine and it cost me another surgery that has not let me improve to where I was before.
    Thank you for the concern and I appreciate the advice. I had a(nother) consultation with my surgeon the first of the month, and getting an updated MRI next week to follow up, as my symptoms have gotten worse, not necessarily in intensity, but in area.

Opioids are not an option as far as I’m concerned, but I’m tired of being in pain. Previously my Dr referred me to an interventional radiologist for steroid/nerve block injections with some relief.

Where are you herniated/ protruding?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Thank you for the concern and I appreciate the advice. I had a(nother) consultation with my surgeon the first of the month, and getting an updated MRI next week to follow up, as my symptoms have gotten worse, not necessarily in intensity, but in area.

Opioids are not an option as far as I’m concerned, but I’m tired of being in pain. Previously my Dr referred me to an interventional radiologist for steroid/nerve block injections with some relief.

Where are you herniated/ protruding?
    My last surgery they did a laminectomy on L3-4, L4-5 and 5-s1. I reached over one morning without stretching and herniated L5-S1 again.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Not really factual. Many supplements like CBD oil have hit the market without being approved by the FDA and after reviewing were banned.
    I said "drug" not "supplements" so yeah.........kinda factual.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast