Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    orochi diablo spec r. curado 71. 30 green braid. quarter and 5/16 jigs.

i have the gen 1 model. if the gen 2 model is even better that will be scary (in a good way)

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ththomp2 View Post
    i have the gen 1 model. if the gen 2 model is even better that will be scary (in a good way)
    I think the Gen 2 is better than the Gen 1 for swimjigs. Has a bit more "oomph" in the hookset.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I first got into swim jigs 3 years ago. I used a zillion rod6'6"med heavy. with a Daiwa fuego 6:3:1 and 12lb. fluorocarbon.

Now I use a Steez A 6:3:1 with 50lb. braid no fluorocarbon leader and this summer I switched to a steez xt 7' Medium rod. This rod is awesome.
    I am thinking of switching back to fluorocarbon though because I liked how the line sinks and you can keep the bait down in the water column more.

4. Member
    GLX 782S

"Whoever said 'the pen is mightier than the sword' has obviously never been stabbed."

5. Member
    Megabass Levante DSpec R - feel every bite!

6. Member
    anyone have much experience with falcon cara swim jig rod

7. Banned
    I had one and thought it was great for senko, fluke and shaky head and swim Jig but I just didn’t like the length. My skipping angle is just too low for a 7’2” vs 6’10”-7’ and could not get comfortable with it. Really sensitivite, light weight and great action though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webby5383 View Post
    anyone have much experience with falcon cara swim jig rod
    I do! I own (2) of them and they are one of my favorite all around rods. They do work great for a swim jig. They are a mega versatile rod. You can throw light texas rigs, big topwaters, small spinnerbaits, 1/2 oz or smaller rattletraps, and in my opinion it is the best rod there is for a chatterbait! So many options with this rod!!

9. Member
    Are the cara swim jig have more of a moderate action compared to Loomis 843?

10. Member
    I use 1 of several Megabass Gen 1 XX EMTF rods with Lews Custom Pro 7.5:1 and anywhere from 30-50lb braid. When I lived in Florida and fished for larger fish and heavy vegetation I threw 50lb braid and a Powell 765 (almost a light flip stick). For anything but really heavy cover, the EMTF is awesome, soft enough tip to sling a 1/4 swim jig with small trailer farther than you need to and backbone to get them to the boat.

I've also used a MB XX Diablo Spec R Gen 1 with good results, just like the EMTF better.

11. Member
    I have the Powell Max TW swimbait rod and a Cashion Chatterbait rod and use them for both. One is a 7’1 and other is a 7’2 both MH fast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123