Thread: Massey Ferguson

Massey Ferguson

I'm looking at possibly buying a used 2017 massey Ferguson 2607H 4x4 with loader that only has 250 hours. My question is how do people like these tractors that actually own them? I have read mixed reviews saying that they are the best made and some saying they are junk made in India and you couldn't give them away to some people. The whole thing about them being mass produced tractors made in India doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because the john deere 5E series is also mass produced made in India from what I've been told which is another tractor ive been looking at pretty hard and that doesn't seem to affect the sale of them. I'll admit the MF was not my first pick when shopping around because I had narrowed it down to either a John Deere or Kubota but a 74hp tractor for the price of this one is kinda hard to pass up.

I have John Deere tractors . My neighbor has Massey Ferguson and I’ve never heard him say anything bad about them. It’s like boats there is always someone that is going to bad mouth everything that they don’t have

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    amish cadillacs... thousands of em around here... they must like em...........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

wife's nephew has a 75 hp that he is selling (open station), replacing it w/cab tractor of same variety, only thing he has ever mentioned to me is the regen thing, says its a little aggravating, but the tractor has been rock solid, replaced a JD 5410 with some hours on it....
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

I'd make my decision on local dealer support. (Not the guy that sells brand X tractors this week because he got rid of brand Y) I'm also in the process of tractor shopping. There are two well established long term dealers for Green and Blue tractors, so I'm limiting my search to those colors. It's one thing to haul your boat to a dealer 2 hours away, and quite another to find qualified parts and support. If there's a long term established Red tractor dealer nearby, then why not??
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

My dad just sold a Massey. He loved it. Never had a lick of problems with it. He down sized
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

7. Member
    Massey makes a good tractor, Had one for many years, serviced it regularly and never had any problems with it. Sold it when I sold my property.

8. Member
    They are good tractors. We have a bunch of them on the cattle farm. Do lots of hay each year.

9. Member
    May one question why. . the price is so good. ???

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    May one question why. . the price is so good. ???
    They told me that it has been used for hay work and they are wanting to get a cab tractor with A/C.

11. Member
    There's nothing wrong with Masseys. Almost all tractors are foreign made now. Sad state of affairs, but that's for another discussion.

The last tractor I bought I looked around for a used one. Here's what I ran into. (I bought a Kubota) Kubota has been doing 0% financing for a good while now. The deal is you pay 0% for the first year or two then it goes up to some sort of rate. The tractor I bought was $18,000 new cash out the door. If you financed it with Kubota on the 0% financing deal the same tractor was $22,000. Otherwords, they aren't giving you diddly squat. They are adding the interest into the price of the tractor.

On my search for used 2 to 4 year old tractors trying to save a buck, here's what I found. 99% of them were financed on the 0% plan. In 2 years they still owed between $17,000 and $20,000 on them. To buy the tractor they wanted enough to pay off their loan. I could buy a new tractor cheaper paying cash than I could buy a used tractor. It was kind of a no-brainer. The 1% I did find that were cheaper had belonged to Day Rental Equipment places. You have to figure those were really abused and they wanted too much for them in most cases. Most of those had closer to 1000 hours on them and were about 4 years old.

12. Member
    My neighbor that owns the property next to me has a 1734E he uses and has been happy with it.

We've always had Deere on our land, but our dealer was bought out by one of those big "we own 10 Deere dealership" companies and their service SUCKS now. My next one will probably be a Massey.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    our dealer was bought out by one of those big "we own 10 Deere dealership" companies and their service SUCKS now. My next one will probably be a Massey.
    That's happening around here a lot. I look for the local Kubota place to do that in the near future. It won't be long until there are 3 or 4 groups owning all the automobile dealerships in this state and about that many owning the major tractor dealerships.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    amish cadillacs... thousands of em around here... they must like em...........
    I have an Amish cousin that lives on 600 just east of 4250 in Inola. All of us cousins went out to visit years ago. They drive their tractors everywhere!