Thread: Curios question

Curios question

Let’s say you are buying a boat and you want to add power poles is the price going to be relatively the same for this option from boat brand to boat brand dealer to dealer or is it going to vary greatly? Didn’t know if adding options was fairly the same across the board or not for dealers of various brands of boats.

2. Banned
    Should be the same if they are options that are added at the factory... If it's an afterthought and your dealer is installing them, I could see a price difference from dealer to dealer. but it shouldn't be that much difference... Dan

I know this does not answer your question but if your willing to do the install yourself you can save some $. I recently had a discussion with a BBC sponsor that sells Power Poles. I have no interest in buying a set because I like my Talons but in our conversation I did ask him what he sold a set of 8ft blades, mounting hardware and a foot remote for and his to your door price really impressed me. If your willing to do the install yourself I can point you to a PP dealer with great pricing and costumer service. As for me I am a Talon guy but PP does make a fine product.

4. Member
    I was just using the poles for an example but that is some good info to know.

5. Member
    I think the less add ins you can get not installed from the factory the better. Seems like most boat builders are charging more than retail and they are buying them in bulk getting better rates. For example I had the depth finder deleted on my boat when I ordered and saved like 150 bucks. That same unit to add for the bow Was like 600 and retail was like 399.

My next boat boat will be bought bare bones and I will put on all my own equipment including trolling motor. If there is electronics and TM that come standard I will derig and sell those items I do not want.

Order from Rich at Hydrilla Gear and put them on yourself! You will save a bunch.

Was quoted 6,000 for two 8ft. Power Poles installed by dealer. Went home and bought from Hydrillagear.
    I have 3000.00 in them with me doing installation. NO WAY there is 3000.00 of install time, took me 2-3 hours.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FSHRMN1010 View Post
    Was quoted 6,000 for two 8ft. Power Poles installed by dealer. Went home and bought from Hydrillagear.
    I have 3000.00 in them with me doing installation. NO WAY there is 3000.00 of install time, took me 2-3 hours.
    i would think they would not charge over a $100 hour labor