Thread: 225 HO help

225 HO help

Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 2008 Etec 250HO mid and lower, and a 2008 225 HO top end. Long story, came from a BRP R&D center. Lets just say its a "Happy 225".

Anyway... I bought it from a guy that got it from the r&d center directly and installed it on my boat last year. In a tournament yesterday, it was foggy, so we had an idle only take off. Being boat 18 out of 40 with no passing, I had a long way to idle. I made it about 3/4 of a mile, almost there, and it started missing and running rough. I was running about 6.5 mph, don't remember the RPM. I shut it off and started fishing figuring maybe it just got warm as the water temps was 79°. went to head to a shelter to get out of a lightning storm and it did the same thing. Sounded decent upon starting, but as soon as I gave it throttle I could tell she was running rough so I shut her down. We waiting out the storm tied to a dock and decided to load up and get out as it was getting nasty. with the wind I had a hard time with the TM so was gonna try the motor to help get it on the trailer. She would fire and shut off right away. No lights or siren ever went of either. I tried it 3 times and it quit each time right away.

So, when I got home I pulled all the plugs, and they are all black. looked fouled to me. I did notice that 2 of the 6 were not indexed properly, Also he had a QC10WEP plug in the top left cylinder and the rest had QC8WEP Champion spark plugs. Not sure what the deal is there. So not sure what I am even suppose to have in it when looking at the chart, looks like should be 10's?

Any help please on what to do next? I rather fix things myself, I am very mechanically inclined. Was a merc man for years and this is my first BRP motor so still learning.

Thanks,

Jess
    Last edited by Fisher Man; 07-21-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    AK Outdoors Pro Staff
    Limit Out Baits Pro Staff
    Hawg Pours Pro Staff
    American Baitworks Pro Staff
    Helix 12 SI w/ 360, Helix 10 Mega SI, 798ci HDSI
    ’99 Procraft 205 Pro DC '09 Evinrude 225 HO Etec
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.