Thread: ECM Flash??

ECM Flash??

Does anyone know if the ProXS can be flashed from 200 to a 300 or 250 to 300???
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBurner01 View Post
    Does anyone know if the ProXS can be flashed from 200 to a 300 or 250 to 300???
    200 v8 can get flashed to 245. Change the throttle body and it can go to 325hp. The 250 or 300 can go to 325

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
    200 v8 can get flashed to 245. Change the throttle body and it can go to 325hp. The 250 or 300 can go to 325
    Who can perform this flash??
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBurner01 View Post
    Who can perform this flash??
    Simon Motorsports.

5. Member
    hmmm thats strange the 250 has different part number for block assy than 200 and some other bolt on parts are different also, better check on this stuff before you go blow up a mtr that not be covered under warranty, don't ya think, ITS not just a flash guys
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    hmmm thats strange the 250 has different part number for block assy than 200 and some other bolt on parts are different also, better check on this stuff before you go blow up a mtr that not be covered under warranty, don't ya think, ITS not just a flash guys
    +100

Also, be sure to refer to the "Exclusions" section under WARRANTY in the Owner's Manual.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    I did go and check the part numbers for the block, crank, rods, pistons, etc for 200-250-300 pro xs and found them to be all the same. This was on Mercury’s website. What am I missing?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Throttle plate and intake runners are two of the most common differences. Since there are literally HUNDREDS (and hundreds) of separate models in the V8 200-250-300 categories, I know that I wouldn't be able to just go to a catalog and compare every one of them to make a "blanket" statement.

Comparing the ProXS 4-stroke V8, the LONGBLOCK is different (and the cylinder head is different) between the 200/225 and the 250/300. You can compare that yourself, if you would like.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Aside from wether a software change can increase horsepower, if you increase a 250pro xs to a 300r will that cause problems because the stock 250 does not have an oil cooler and the 300r does. Mercury added the oil cooler to the 300r because they felt it needed it. So if I wanted to up the horse power I would also want to add the oil cooler and I suspect that would not be cheap.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Has anyone done it yet? any real #'s or experience yet?

11. Member
    Motors are meant to blow! Tune em up and run em hard! You play you pay! Or buy Yamahamer, them dudes been tuning for years.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Throttle plate and intake runners are two of the most common differences. Since there are literally HUNDREDS (and hundreds) of separate models in the V8 200-250-300 categories, I know that I wouldn't be able to just go to a catalog and compare every one of them to make a "blanket" statement.

Comparing the ProXS 4-stroke V8, the LONGBLOCK is different (and the cylinder head is different) between the 200/225 and the 250/300. You can compare that yourself, if you would like.
    If the block and everything in the block are the same part numbers i wonder if mercury may have 2 longblock part numbers for the same pieces to be able to charge more for the bigger motor.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    Aside from wether a software change can increase horsepower, if you increase a 250pro xs to a 300r will that cause problems because the stock 250 does not have an oil cooler and the 300r does. Mercury added the oil cooler to the 300r because they felt it needed it. So if I wanted to up the horse power I would also want to add the oil cooler and I suspect that would not be cheap.
    Oil cooler? Change it sooner. Problem solved.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
    If the block and everything in the block are the same part numbers i wonder if mercury may have 2 longblock part numbers for the same pieces to be able to charge more for the bigger motor.
    I told you where to look in Post #8. They're not the same Longblock- because there are different components.

15. Member
    Just for curiosity sake I went through the parts diagrams. It appears to me that the heads and cams are identical in the 200, 225 and 300 ProXS series engines, but I could be missing something. The 300R shows different head and cam part numbers.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Longblock: 200/225 ProXS models use 8M0142280. 250/300 ProXS models use 8M0142279.

Cylinder Head appears to be different in the 300R as David pointed out. Haven't had the time to run through every casting and component of the longblocks, though.