Helix 9 and 7 power hookup

So I recently put on a new Helix 9 SI GPS at the console and Helix 7 DI at the bow. The 9 is hooked up at the console using 12 gauge through the master power switch, and it has 18 gauge tied into that circuit to supply the 7 up front (each has it's own inline fuse). They work great independently, but the 7 turns off when I have both units turned on and try to crank the motor. Thinking I want to run 12 gauge from the battery as a feed to power both units. Will both units run from a 12 gauge with a single fuse? Fuse size to run both?

I had the same set up and I ended up having to run a power cord directly from the battery to power each to stop that from happening.

Each unit needs its own fuse.
    You got the whole setup wrong since you are using the boat's wiring harness for power.

12 gauge separately, at a minimum, directly to each unit's power cord and fused separately.
    OR install at dedicated fuse panel at the console just for your electronics with at least 10 gauge between it and the battery, then 12 gauge to the bow. Proper fuse in the fuse panel for each unit.

https://powerwerx.com/blue-sea-5025-...gin%2050-59%25
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks. I'll run dedicated 12 gauge up to the front for now (trip coming up next week) and rewire all of it when I get it home.

Quote Originally Posted by cd4th View Post
    Thanks. I'll run dedicated 12 gauge up to the front for now (trip coming up next week) and rewire all of it when I get it home.
    Get one of these... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Makes it all a lot cleaner and simpler.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.