Gatorbak XP Bunk Covers

Just checking out there, has anyone had any experiences with the new 2019 Gatorback XP Trailer Bunk Covers. Just trying to get a sense of how well they work. Last I heard a year or two ago, some guys felt as though they were scratching their boats. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Combs
    Thanks,

James H. Combs
    jhcombs@comcast.net
    815-979-2409

2. mikesxpress
    Had the 1st set of these back in 2014 and now on XP version. All the Gatorbak bunk covers are softer than your gelcoat.

3. Member
    wanted to bump this old thread with my experience with the new Gatorback bunks. The originals I put on my prior boat in 2016 did not scratch the boat but they put what amounts to erasure marks on the hull at times that you could remove with your thumb or a rag.

Two weeks ago I installed the new models on my boat and generally the marks are gone. I had one load in heavy wind where I come in at a bit of an angle that created one erasure mark. in general, not even a mark when loading. I did seal mine with a dupont teflon coating like I did on my prior boat. No idea if it helps but it is cheap and simple and I did it before I loaded the boat for the first time.

could not be more pleased. my boat is dry before I finish my 5 mile drive home
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    I have the new XP model. I too have sprayed mine with Dupont dry lubricant and do it every 3-4months. Also when loading, I back the trailer in until all the bunks are wet then pull back up to load the boat. Makes loading very easy and doesn't make the eraser marks.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

5. Member
    yes it is very easy, no fuss, no noise, no scratches on the boat.

likely 5 years ago a guy was fishing about 15ft from the ramp when I loaded. after I loaded, he commented that my load was the quietest least disruptive load of a bass boat he had ever seen.
    2024 Phoenix 818

Had em on 3 boats since 2019. I just clean them every few months with a spray wax. I always practice dunking the trailer boards and pull up when loading.

GBs do not scratch the hull, carpet will scratch the hull eventually.
    Last edited by BMCD; 12-15-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Scraps
    I put the OG Gatorbaks on my trailer the first week I had it home in 2016. I power load with them. Not supposed to, dunk entire trailer every time. Never knew about the lubricant, my bunks have a kind of white powder on them and I've chewed off some of the Gatorbak material from the ridges. Hull is fine. If anything mine may be a little "stickier" to load than carpet or the XPs.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I put the OG Gatorbaks on my trailer the first week I had it home in 2016. I power load with them. Not supposed to, dunk entire trailer every time. Never knew about the lubricant, my bunks have a kind of white powder on them and I've chewed off some of the Gatorbak material from the ridges. Hull is fine. If anything mine may be a little "stickier" to load than carpet or the XPs.
    my old boat had the same chewed ridges in spots but worked fine as well though I don't power load. When and if they ever wear out, I think you will like the xp's
    2024 Phoenix 818