knowledge in our group is crazy good

Every year for the last few years I have asked a few of my close Allison buddy's to come to my cabin on Wheeler Lake the 3rd week in July to run and test boats. We usually do a lot of fishing in the same trip. This year's rain's were aggravating and held us off some but Seth Lee and Woody sure didn't seem to mind. They lapped the field with their catches of giant smallmouth. LOL. Anyway, we were able to do a lot more testing on prop/boat setups this year for the 250R as well as for Sport 250, Pro XS, and more. Trouble-shooting hole shot, mid-range issues and top end running issues is a a challenge and is a trial and error proposition at best, but we all loved looking at the data and analyzing what made any one change to a boat setup better or worse. I learned a lot from these guys. Thank you Jeff Wood, Tim Powell, Joe Lee, Seth Lee, Jonathan Bowling and Johnny Johnson. I wish all you (my friends) could come some day and be part of the craziest 3-ring circus on the lake. Our findings and data this year should help us all in the Allison Boat Family. We missed you this year Geoff Erickson. Next year buddy.

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    That's pretty darn cool!!! Kudo's to you guys! That kind of testing and dedication goes a long way in helping out current and future Allison owners
    Thanks guys Looking forward to hearing some thought, opinions and testing results
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    As someone who is new to the Allison world and trying to learn as much as I can, the information that you all offer up is invaluable. Can’t tell you guys how much it’s appreciated, whether it’s here, fastbass marine tv, etc.

If I could ever swing making the trip to spend time with you guys and learn from your experience I’d be all over it. Not many Ally owners out here in Phoenix!

4. Member
    Always a pleasure Johnny. Thanks for opening your place up to us, Seth and I had a great time. He is still fired up about the big smallie he caught! It was great to catch up with the guys a bit.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

5. Member
    Sounds like a great trip. Working on setup is always fun.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Always a pleasure Johnny. Thanks for opening your place up to us, Seth and I had a great time. He is still fired up about the big smallie he caught! It was great to catch up with the guys a bit.
    I couldn't have had a better group of guys at my place Joe. Seth is a fine young man. That smallie he caught is world class anywhere. I told him it was equivalent to a 12+ largemouth and his face lit up. That was a true statement though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss1908 View Post
    As someone who is new to the Allison world and trying to learn as much as I can, the information that you all offer up is invaluable. Can’t tell you guys how much it’s appreciated, whether it’s here, fastbass marine tv, etc.

If I could ever swing making the trip to spend time with you guys and learn from your experience I’d be all over it. Not many Ally owners out here in Phoenix!
    Anytime you need help there is any number of guys on here who will go out of their way to help you. I once had to rely on these same guys to keep me from killing myself in my first boat. Had it not been for Johnny Johnson I'm pretty sure I would have. LOL

Sounds like a great time! 100% agree. Everyone that I've spoken to prior to getting my boat have been first class and have been very helpful over the phone. I look forward to the continued great info with the testing being done with these new Mercury's.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Anytime you need help there is any number of guys on here who will go out of their way to help you. I once had to rely on these same guys to keep me from killing myself in my first boat. Had it not been for Johnny Johnson I'm pretty sure I would have. LOL
    Dont worry, I'll have plenty of novice questions! Cracked a blade on the Bravo today, I can finally stop dragging my feet and get a pro max

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss1908 View Post
    Dont worry, I'll have plenty of novice questions! Cracked a blade on the Bravo today, I can finally stop dragging my feet and get a pro max
    Everyone had novice questions at one time!

I really like how the pro max runs on my rig, that's what I run most of the time.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

11. Member
    I am a solid Hydromotive guy but love some TXP's. This weekend I got to run Promax's, CNC's, Hydro's, and a few others. All of them did pretty well. Some better than others. Depends on if you want top end only or great hole shot. Somewhere in between is a prop that is decent doing all of the above. So I settled on the Quad IV for me. I won't outrun many, won't beat many out of the hole, but with a load I can run 90 and not have the steering and ride of a rhino.

Missed you guys. Next year I need to make it happen again.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Missed you guys. Next year I need to make it happen again.
    I sure hope you can make it next year Geoff. My back is killing me from carrying the load with them guys this week. I had to drive this year since you weren't there! LOL. I did get old Whiplash's boat to 93 though. Not bad for a heavy loaded 250.

Allison owners tend to put a lot of time into their set-ups and performance. And the dealers, past and present are some of the best in the business!

I sure hate I missed it as well. I would have carried the load for ya Johnny! With me already making the haul twice this spring and summer plus vacation in Florida in just over a week I had to stay home and work lol. Glad to see Woody's boat will run! Now time to teach him to drive it lol.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    I sure hate I missed it as well. I would have carried the load for ya Johnny! With me already making the haul twice this spring and summer plus vacation in Florida in just over a week I had to stay home and work lol. Glad to see Woody's boat will run! Now time to teach him to drive it lol.
    I'm trying to teach him how to drive Jay. It's hard to do when he has so much lead in his pockets though. He always carries about 100 pounds of my jigs home when he leaves. LOL LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I'm trying to teach him how to drive Jay. It's hard to do when he has so much lead in his pockets though. He always carries about 100 pounds of my jigs home when he leaves. LOL LOL LOL
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R