HDS 9 Gen 2 sonar log recording path

Hoping someone here can help me out, I have been recording the lake we have our camp on over the past 2 years. For the life of me I can't remember how to turn on the recording path so I can see what I have covered. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Carlton...

Normally one would use trails to show where you have covered as that is the easiest quickest way...but you have to do that before you start logging. Assuming that you didn't do that, the only other thing you can do is to convert your logs to structuremap files and use the structure overlay feature on the chart page.

Make sure your log files are on the SD card...not internal storage!!! Go into Storage and then select a file from the card and touch convert. Make sure you tell it to save the map file to the SD card (again - not INTERNAL!). Do this for all your log files.

Once converted, go to the Chart page and turn on the Structure overlay...go to Structure Options and change the Source to Saved (not Live). This is display on the chart page the structure maps on the SD card.

Hope this helps...

Roy

3. Member
    does that then make them unuseable as a sonar file viewed on Reefmaster?

I have covered about 1000 acres, and have already created a map. I just want to show the new areas I have scanned while scanning. I will try the trails. Thanks

5. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    does that then make them unuseable as a sonar file viewed on Reefmaster?
    Absolutely not...the logs are still there in the original form and usable by Reefmaster. Be aware there are still some issues with SL3 format that have not been resolved. I always record using the SL2 format.

Roy

6. Member
    ty