Smoky Mountains ?

Whats a good place to stay at that won't break the bank? Would be 6 adults. Aug.8-12th

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Get a condo or cabin. VRBO would be a good start.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Get a condo or cabin. VRBO would be a good start.
    this^^^^^^^^^^ VRBO,, Home Away,, Air BNB
    6 adults in a condo will prolly be cheaper than decent hotel rooms

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Member
    Tons of cabins. Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, and Bryson City are some good places to start looking.

Plenty of options. Lots of cabins between pigeon forge and Gatlinburg. Townsend side may be cheaper.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shafer22 View Post
    Plenty of options. Townsend side may be cheaper.
    And less traffic

if you want to be close to Pigeon forge look for something in Wear's valley, Townsend if you want to be convenient to Cade's cove, big ??? for me is what does your group like???

between Gatlinburg and PF if you like shopping, stores and attractions, and being close to the park (NP) outlet mall in PF is always popular with the ladies....

we love Cade's cove and we spend a large amount of our time there, we stay in Wear's valley it's close enough to everything where it's not a problem (but w/o all the congestion) to go into PF for nice places to eat, highly recommend The Mill (go hungry) and the apple barn for breakfast...
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

8. Member
    Wears valley is beautiful and only 10 mins into the tourist crap.

We stay at the Parkway Hampton most of the time, with a creekside balcony, and I book directly with that site. It's close to everything Gatlinburg. One of these days we're going to try a chalet, but for the immediate future we like to be in the center of the action. If we decide to go to PF for a day, we're close to the Bypass and avoid most of the congestion. I can be in the room usually within 3 hours 15 minutes depending on traffic.

(606)305-1956

10. Member
    Townsend side would be my choice.

11. Member
    We always booked with Timbertop cabin rentals. Stayed in Sevierville twice, and wears valley once. Liked sevierville better. Either way, cant go wrong. Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you all for the info.All I care to do is Cade's cove to do pictures.Now the women want the shops.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Thank you all for the info.All I care to do is Cade's cove to do pictures.Now the women want the shops.
    Townsend is closer to Cade's cove and don't have to put up with as much traffic. At night we like to go to the Island in Pidgeon Forge. Music, shopping, eating and Ole Smokey Moonshine tasting. The Island is free and we hang outthere and listen to live music and also colored water fountains keep time with music. It is worth a visit to people watch. We have relatives that lived between Pidgeon Forge and Wears Valley so can't help with places to stay.

14. Member
    Just stayed at Cherokee Lodge in Pigeon Forge. Affordable, two bedrooms, slept 6, full kitchen. Nice place and convenient to everything.

15. Member
    Riverstone resort

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Townsend side would be my choice.
    X2. My family has always gone to Townsend to avoid the crowds in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Being close to Cade’s Cove is a bonus as well.

I think in townsend someone turned a campground on the river into small cabin rental community

18. Member
    Volunteer Cabins in Wear's Valley also Century 21