Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Thanks for all the insight. Sounds like they are well worth it.

2. Member
    Is there a post of warranties by company?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Plus you're a little lighter in the wallet area too... ... So you have to spend a couple thousand bucks, then another $100 or so while you wait for a replacement... I guess... Dan
    I was already spending $900 - $1000 every 3-4 years on agm’s. I got a great deal on lithium’s. If they last 10 years, I’ll actually save money.

4. Member
    I'm not a tournament angler but still pulled the plug. What made it worth it for me was I got a really good deal and because I chose smaller batteries I was able to rearrange everything to make storage work better for me. If you're not spot locking all day, most people can get away with 50AH batteries. By dropping the size you save money. I purchased 3 50AH batteries for $1500 and a 3bank dual pro for 350. Now if these batteries last as many cycles as they claim, I'll never purchase batteries again in my life time. Before with gel I was spending 350-400 every 5-7yrs. I typically ran 2 group 27 which were 53lbs a piece and a 5lb charger. That's 111lbs. Now my three 50AH lithiums and charger are all 15lbs a piece so that 60lbs. Shaving 51lbs in the rear of my boat is huge.

5. Member
    I lost around a hundred pounds just switching trolling batteries. Would switch cranking batt but my old ox66 will not support it. Or so they say. A lot of money but my boat is tail heavy with a rear mounted fuel tank. It helps a good bit but if my gas tank was forward mounted I would keep using AGM type.

I run a 36v trolling motor. Got rid of 3 60lb batteries and replaced with one 27lb lithium. The lithium fully charges in 45 minutes. I've never ran it dead. I agree it's a bit expensive but after making the move I'd never go back.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Your numbers are way off man. There is considerably more difference than that. Probably 3 times or more than that.
    Opps! I was thinking AGM batteries

8. Member
    I don't fish tournaments or everyday, but I'm really thinking about switching out my 2 trolling motor batteries for lithiums. On my 176XT with the 50hp every lb counts IMO.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I have ran lithium Pros for a while and love them. With the lithium Pros you can run a 36 volt system with only 3 batteries including the starting battery. So even less weight and more room so I can get into the bilge and pumps with out pulling anything out.

Quicker hole shot, less draft, faster speed, and better fuel economy.

Hopefully up to around 10 year life. If that holds true I think the value is there in the long run.
    How do you do that ? I have a MK 460 PC will it charge the lithium batteries?

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Are they worth the Money? Yes, will they pay for themselves over time?yes. are they for everyone? probably not. but once you have experienced all the benefits they have to offer it becomes real easy to justify the cost. For a serious tournament angler there are many reasons to switch, for the weekend angler the same reasons are there just might not be as important. If its not for you than thats all good to. no argument from me,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I have a MK 460 PC will it charge the lithium batteries?
    Yes - set to AGM mode it will do fine charging Lithiums.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Yes - set to AGM mode it will do fine charging Lithiums.
    Do you use 2 36V and have a switch to swap out when one loses power and 12V for house battery?

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Do you use 2 36V and have a switch to swap out when one loses power and 12V for house battery?
    I use 3 100ah lithium batteries wired and hooked to the charger the same way traditional batteries would be - so all 4 banks on the 460PC are used.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    The weight difference is not enough to really effect any of this. Weight difference is about 10lbs each battery, and 30 lbs is not going to make any noticeable difference.
    When I replaced my three Trojan SCS225 batteries (66 lbs apiece - 3 X 66 = 198 lbs) to three Battle Born 100AH lithium's (30 lbs apiece - 3 X 30 = 90 lbs). I removed 108 lbs from my battery compartment. I couldn't be happier with my Battle Born lithium's the past two seasons. If they last as long as advertised, Battle Born will be getting more of my money in the future. I'm also impressed with how fast they recharge after a full day of tournament fishing (about 3 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    The weight difference is not enough to really effect any of this. Weight difference is about 10lbs each battery, and 30 lbs is not going to make any noticeable difference.
    You're not even close, I dropped 93 lbs when I switched.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    I was already spending $900 - $1000 every 3-4 years on agm’s. I got a great deal on lithium’s. If they last 10 years, I’ll actually save money.
    You must have either had some bad luck or never did maintenance with batteries if you had to spend that much every three or four years.

17. Member
    Agm’s don’t require maintenance.

18. Member
    I don't think they would pay off for me, i usually trade boats every 2-3 years. I run 4 Optimas, i think they weigh about 40 lbs each, not sure how much weight I would be saving.

19. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I don't think they would pay off for me, i usually trade boats every 2-3 years. I run 4 Optimas, i think they weigh about 40 lbs each, not sure how much weight I would be saving.
    If you run the blue tops 31, about 60lbs each.

Also, trading boats is not an issue. Just take out the lithium batteries and put in new boat.

My current lithium batteries were bought in 2012.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    If you run the blue tops 31, about 60lbs each.

Also, trading boats is not an issue. Just take out the lithium batteries and put in new boat.

My current lithium batteries were bought in 2012.
    Three 34M at 43.5 lbs each and one D31M at 60 lbs, so about 190 lbs total, what would be the total weight on the lithiums ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast