Smart craft gauges

Do y’all have a hard time reading digital read out on smart craft gauges. Mine are at bad angle as well as not bright enough.

Yep actuly unsafe to to even try at 80 mph. Install a vessel view and link them to you graphs
    Thank You Leon Pugh

mine have a brightness control. I can see them OK.

Yes. They are hard to read unless it’s at night. Irritating.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabes1 View Post
    Yes. They are hard to read unless it’s at night. Irritating.
    Probably because you have the (now discontinued) "Eco" (or BASIC) MercMonitor. It's screen is not polarized, making it difficult to read in direct sunlight.

Level-1 or higher MercMonitor Versions have the Polarized Screen.

Check the version number that displays on your screen at Power-Up (likely 4.602, or something similar).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 07-23-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I’ve got the 9.0

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Shouldn't be too bad on that version- where is it located, and what color (and contrast level) are you utilizing?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I’ve got brightness and contrast at highest level. Didn’t know I could change color.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    MercMonitor Series has multiple color choices you can choose from. Other series do not have that capability.

and if you have a Mercmonitor (Level 1), there is no reason for a Vessel View Link, just add the Mercmonitor to the NEMA network and info is presented on your graphs.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    and if you have a Mercmonitor (Level 1), there is no reason for a Vessel View Link, just add the Mercmonitor to the NEMA network and info is presented on your graphs.
    That might be open to interpretation or personal preference. Big difference between Data Display or Overlay and "Full VesselView Functionality".

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 202 View Post
    I’ve got brightness and contrast at highest level. Didn’t know I could change color.
    Might try lowering the contrast a bit...the sweet spot on my LCD SC-1000 V7 readouts is contrast about 5 or 6, more than that, it all blends together...can even see them wearing polarized sunglasses, as long as my head is horizontal...

Don, does brightness just change the backlight brightness, more of an issue at night?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Brightness is just that- the "level of lighting" in the gauge.

14. Member
    Getting a new pro xs 225 v8.what gauge would you recommend? I’ll also have a humminbird helix 10.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewesurdaddy View Post
    Getting a new pro xs 225 v8.what gauge would you recommend? I’ll also have a humminbird helix 10.
    With Humminbird... a Level-1 MercMonitor would be a good choice. See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- if you drop her an Email she can assist with special BBC Member Pricing.

With your new engine, you'll want to post in the next forum down (4-stroke Forum)... Start your own thread when you have a question.

Welcome to BBC!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewesurdaddy View Post
    Good to see you signed up here.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax