Smoking bone in pork loin????

OK so I have roasted hundreds of these but never smoked one.

Here is what I am planning. Please if I am wrong speak up. Will apply my favorite pork rub. Get the smoker up to temp (225-250 ish) put the roast on, I am planning to use a moisture pan under it with apple cider vinegar and apple juice. What should I be looking for for an internal temp on the roast. I am using lump hard wood with some apple chunks. I am thinking 5-6 hours. The roast is right at 10 lbs.

Thanks very much.

2. Member
    If its going to be pulled pork 205 give or take a degree or 2. Id also wrap it in foil with some of your juice once it hits 165 and finish it that way. Figure about 1 1/2 hrs per pound as far as time. Wrapping will help speed it up some.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

3. Member
    Also forgot to add it will stall for a while so dont worry when you see the temp stand still or even drop a few. That is just the fat and connective tissue breaking down.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

4. Member
    Thank you Menacer. That means I need to get the smoker rolling about now. Have a great day.

5. Member
    Ive smoked plenty of pork loins but I cant place seeing a bone in loin.

Personally I prefer smoking a loin to around 150 and slicing thin for sandwiches. For pulled pork I prefer a boston butt.