2018 triton 20trx with 250 pro xs OPTI

Hey guys, I just got a fantastic deal on a brand new triton trx 20 patriot with upgraded 112 ultra link for $47k with a opti 250 pro xs on it. I understand that it is not as good of a motor as the new four strokes, so please spare me the criticism. I also currently have an older opti on a smaller boat and it has been bullet proof to me so I figured it was a no brainer (especially with the discount I got and the 7 year warranty.)

It is a beautiful boat, but I am a bit disappointed that my triton decal letters are peeling off a bit and one of the plastics "S" letters broken in the decal. Also one of my reflectors on the trailer is already broken (came that way). Hopefully, these little things are a coincidence and not foreshadowing the rest of my experience :)

Questions:

How do I turn on the oxygenators in the live wells? There is not a switch. Not the pumps, but the oxygenator feature.

The dealer put two gallons of premium plus oil in the reservoir and I want to run DFI. I did check the manual and I can run either, but I want the extra detergents in the DFI oil. If I get the tank ran down pretty low, can I mix a small amount of the premium plus with the DFI for the switch, or do I need to completely clean out the oil tank?

Thanks for your help guys, I am new to the tritons :)
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

The oxygenators will come on when when the are in water. I think mine might be on the accessory switch but I am not sure. Once the wells are full you will see little bubbles coming out of it.

It is fine to mix Premium Plus and DFI oil. Don’t let the tank run to low.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Banned
    What he said^^^^^^^

4. Member
    As far as ur decals go... might as well order a whole set for the boat. Triton will warranty them. The “20” is the only one on my ‘17 that didn’t come off. Now on my ‘19 the port side “made in the USA” has come off and there’s not much holding on of the port side chrome triton decal. The problem is there so much curvature on these boats and the decals are bit too tall for how thick they are. When u replace them, position them so they are flat as possible and clean the area with alcohol and definitely use 3M adhesion adhesion promoter before installing. I won’t be putting the chrome “boats” emblem back on mine cause I just snag them with the chamois and break them off anyway.

Look @ the amount of Optimax engines on the water @ your next tournament... They're damn good engines which is why you see so many of them. Congrats on the new rig & you can mix but I'd run down the Premium as low as possible before starting the DFI

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like I can order new decals from triton at some point. I'm excited to fish with this thing!!
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

7. Member
    I have an 18 TRX20 Elite like yours , and my oxygenators are on the acc 2 switch next to the power button. I have to turn mine on, and I can tell when they are “on” as each of mine have a small green light.........can do if the boat is in your garage ��

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing_Fool_NC View Post
    I have an 18 TRX20 Elite like yours , and my oxygenators are on the acc 2 switch next to the power button. I have to turn mine on, and I can tell when they are “on” as each of mine have a small green light.........can do if the boat is in your garage ��
    Their is light on the Oxygenators?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Member
    Triton will warranty all the decals. The decals were probably put on the boat without cleaning the surface. The surface needs to be cleaned with alcohol before installing the new decals. The Proxs is a great engine, and that is a great buy on that boat.

10. Member
    I would keep using the Premium Plus oil.
    You got a good deal on a really good boat, congrats.

11. Member
    Oxygenater runs on the accessory switch..
    I always run Mercury or Quicksilver DFI ... get any lower than a 1/3 u might get the oil alarm go off in the motor..
    trying to get the boat up on plane..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Their is light on the Oxygenators?
    If the oxygenerators are "on" then you can visually see the the light when looking at it in your livewell, when I hit the accessory button that turns it on you can hear it activate and the light comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by steve lacey View Post
    If the oxygenerators are "on" then you can visually see the the light when looking at it in your livewell, when I hit the accessory button that turns it on you can hear it activate and the light comes on.
    Gotcha. But I assume that only works when they are submerged. In that case, I can also see the bubbles.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Gotcha. But I assume that only works when they are submerged. In that case, I can also see the bubbles.
    I just tested mine in my garage to make sure they worked but sure obviously no need for them to be on with no water or more importantly fish in there.

15. Member
    The green light is for guys like me who want to test the oxygenators in the garage to know they are working but can’t see the bubbles!!!!! The green light is also for guys like me who want to know if they are working when I’m on the water, but can’t see the bubbles without putting on my bifocals!!!!!