Feather Spinning Rod Handle Like or Dislike

Any members have some time with the Phenix Feather spinning rod, do you like the handle or dislike it the more you use it.

Thanks

2. Member
    Disliked it at first, then got used to it and dont mind it now. It does take some getting used to.

3. Member
    I have two spinning and two casting. Absolutely love them. Only been fishing them for 6 months now, so I don't know how they are going to hold up. But so far they have been great. Phenix makes some of the best rods on the market. The k2s, are the best rods hands down I've ever had the pleasure of throwing, but pricey. The mxb is amazing and fairly priced. The feathers are great, and very affordable. The m1s, are my least favorite but still a good budget rod. The glass cranking rods are great for lipliss, or big cranks. The x series are great for different cranks. The x12 is amazing with squarebills, and the x13 is great with med divers. After gloomis, and st croix high end rods, I've replaced them all with phenix. I'm sold on them.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

I absolutely love it. I'm a big fan of minimalist spinning reel seats, though. Honestly wish I could find something similar to use on my spinning rod builds but haven't been successful to this point.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWH View Post
    Any members have some time with the Phenix Feather spinning rod, do you like the handle or dislike it the more you use it.
    It does take some getting used to...but I will say if you hold your spinner with all fingers in front of the reel stem, you're not gonna like it. I generally have the reel stem between pinky and ring finger, and it's okay: not the most comfortable, but not terrible either. The weight savings are probably worth it imo.