Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the tips and advice. I did get a chance to get it back out and ran it hard. No apparent issues or vibrations. The prop shaft has no wobble and seems to be true. I think I got very lucky and it appears to be cosmetic.
    A prop shaft bend can be straight to the eye but still be out of tolerance. I would have it pressure checked and the prop shaft for runout. It would be about an hour of labor plus new gear oil. If that checks good, file it down and run it!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Out today in some rough water and damaged the skeg over some rocks. Other than cosmetic the motor seemed fine. Too rough to get above 30 but it seemed fine. No damage to prop as I shut it down and tried to trim up as I felt it start to drag and bump along.

Other that a bruised ego should i just fill with JB Weld, grind that edge smooth, paint it and chalk it up to lesson learned or leave it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    A prop shaft bend can be straight to the eye but still be out of tolerance. I would have it pressure checked and the prop shaft for runout. It would be about an hour of labor plus new gear oil. If that checks good, file it down and run it!
    ^^^ Prop not touched, then no chance of the prop shaft being bent.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    Just get a skeg repair kit they're durable they look good and you will not lose any performance.https://www.amazon.com/s?k=skeg+guar...l_7urlq5g39h_e
    This ^^ I tore up the skeg on my old boat pretty good a few years ago and used one of these stainless steel skeg guards. Was easy to install over the original skeg and was cheaper than taking it to a shop.

4. Banned
    Mine is worse than that. I can’t tell a single bit of difference driving from now and the day it was perfect. Take your angle grinder and smooth it out some to get get the rough edges. After that leave it alone and go fishing. It will be fine.

5. Member
    Did this to mine and it works great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12