Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I set up my 05 with 6" jP, plus 2" spacers for a total of 8". 2.5" under the pad with 15+ psi water pressure. When I bought the boat it came with a 26p tempest, which did okay in the winter, but wasn't quite reaching the max rpm's, especially in the summer, or with a full load. So bought a 25p trophy and have been very happy with that. Carries the front of the boat well, runs in the low 70's, and a little easier to drive, i think, vs the tempest. I used to swap between the trophy and tempest summer and winter, but just leave the trophy on all the time now and that's good enough for me. Good luck.

Tom Gates, 2005 Triton TR196DC LE, 200 Opti

Quote Originally Posted by tr196 View Post
    I set up my 05 with 6" jP, plus 2" spacers for a total of 8". 2.5" under the pad with 15+ psi water pressure. When I bought the boat it came with a 26p tempest, which did okay in the winter, but wasn't quite reaching the max rpm's, especially in the summer, or with a full load. So bought a 25p trophy and have been very happy with that. Carries the front of the boat well, runs in the low 70's, and a little easier to drive, i think, vs the tempest. I used to swap between the trophy and tempest summer and winter, but just leave the trophy on all the time now and that's good enough for me. Good luck.
    Thanks for the input Tom. Can you give me details regarding the 2" spacers you used? Where to buy and costs etc? I'd like to add those to mine and give that a try. I also like the idea of the 25p trophy as well.
    thanks

3. Member
    2000 Tr-20 with a custom build 200 EFI. PTP is 2.25" on 6" manual JP w/2" Spacer. Props are 24, 25, 26 Trophy plus, use depends on the heat. She will chine like crazy if you let it, but keep her on the balance beam and it is a blast to drive.

The 2" spacer made by Panther (Marine Tech) is a one piece design that I prefer over the 2 piece spacers.

4. Member
    I don’t even know what to say to this....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I don’t even know what to say to this....

Meaning ????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123