Ranger z21 Mercury Verado250hp Battery voltage low

I have Ranger z21 2005 Mercury Verado 250 and I have 3 batteries. One for big motor verado and 2 for trolling motor 24v. Some times I got low voltage, all my accessories is connected on staring battery, I have battery switch for 1,2 and all batteries. Can somebody tell me best setup for batteries on mercury verado and all accessories? Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English

2. Member
    Let’s start with the easiest solution, what cranking battery are you running? Specs?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 620Ranger View Post
    Let’s start with the easiest solution, what cranking battery are you running? Specs?
    My cranking battery is optima AGM D31M, 1125 MCA, 900 CCA, 75AH, 155RC, All my accessories is 3 fish finders 5,7 and 9 inch Lowrance HDS, 3 750gph pump, hydraulic jack plate pump NMEA 2000 power and power steering pump for verado

4. Member
    You should be able to run all of that off a good cranking battery. When you shut off your motor do you know if it shuts down your power steering pump? I strictly troll Lake Erie and my set up does not shut the power steering pump off since my kicker is tied to it. I run more electronics than what you are running and my power steering pump. However, my kicker is putting some charge back but not enough to overcome what the power steering pump draws. I run 2-12” units a 9” unit, nema power, livewell pumps, itroll and a vhf radio for long periods without any low voltage issues. I am using a batteries plus group 31 X-2. Just for piece of mind I do run a 5th battery that I can switch to just in case but I have never had to use it. Have you had your battery tested? The specs on the battery that I am running is slightly higher than what you are running.

5. Member
    You should be able to run all of that off a good cranking battery. When you shut off your motor do you know if it shuts down your power steering pump? I strictly troll Lake Erie and my set up does not shut the power steering pump off since my kicker is tied to it. I run more electronics than what you are running and my power steering pump. However, my kicker is putting some charge back but not enough to overcome what the power steering pump draws. I run 2-12” units a 9” unit, nema power, livewell pumps, itroll and a vhf radio for long periods without any low voltage issues. I am using a batteries plus group 31 X-2. Just for piece of mind I do run a 5th battery that I can switch to just in case but I have never had to use it. Have you had your battery tested? The specs on the battery that I am running is slightly higher than what you are running.
    Thank you very much, no my power steering pump is off for my big motor not running, only working one pump and my fish finders and NMEA 2000 power. What is brand your 31X-2 battery and where I can buy? I am in Michigan and I usually fishing bass on lake St Clair

6. Member
    The battery comes from Batteries Plus, it’s called X-2. You can see the specs for it on the Batteries plus website. They are on the pricey side but well worth it in my opinion. Started running them about 4 years ago on my 620. Bought a new 621 a couple of years ago and that was the first thing I installed in it. I have no desire to have a dead battery 15 miles from the boat ramp at Lake Erie.

7. Member
    The battery comes from Batteries Plus, it’s called X-2. You can see the specs for it on the Batteries plus website. They are on the pricey side but well worth it in my opinion. Started running them about 4 years ago on my 620. Bought a new 621 a couple of years ago and that was the first thing I installed in it. I no desire to have a dead battery 15 miles from the boat ramp at Lake Erie.
    Thank you very much, you help me a lot