Raker original to tempest plus ?

Running a 24 raker original that has been worked. Has had blades sharpened & who knows what else, Holeshot sucks because of blowing out on breakover, but it lifts & runs very good. I've let other buddys try it on a 285 magnum & a 201 pro & they both say it's by far the best running prop they've tried. I bought a 23 razor 3 that has a great holeshot, but is around 11 mph slower then the raker. Was also told something was wrong & how the razor 3 should run as good or better, but it doesn't & i must have the setup wrong etc.& that Mark doesn't send props out like that. I'm not saying Mark has sent anything wrong or bad. I'm simply saying that this particular razor 3 absolutely does not compare to any of the 3( yes i said 3 & the slowest gps 65 & the other two gps66) 24 raker originals that are in my garage right now, but it does have holeshot. I've lowered & raised the motor until i don't think i could stand to do it again unless it's with another prop. Do the razors run that much higher then a raker original? I'm interested in trying a tempest plus if i can't get the razor 3 to compare. Any suggestions? Also how does the tempest plus run compared to rakers as far as speed, lift & pitch? Do you think i'd be better off getting pvs plugs put into the rakers & selling the razor 3 or trying a tempest plus? Thanks

2. Member
    Maybe try a Raker HO with the adjustable venting?
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Pat Goff
    Just JB weld your vent holes one at a time until you hook up.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Just JB weld your vent holes one at a time until you hook up.
    All three blowout on breakover & i did JBweld the fastest running one up which happened to have the worst holeshot too, but it still does it when loaded heavy. I noticed the blades on it had been sharpened as well. Do you think that with pvs plugs installed it would have a hole shot? I really don't want to have it worked unless absolutely necessary because would like to be able keep the speed & lift it has? My buddy had Mark install them in his 24 raker original. but other then having to get smaller ones he has had great luck getting his to come out & i've epoxied mine shut & it barely comes out now with a heavy load. Thanks

5. Member
    dont sharpen the props we as bass boat guys are not surface piercing, props should not have the leading sharpened it does not allow air on the prop and causes water tension on the face of the prop

6. Member
    plug holes for better holeshot

7. Banned
    Sharpened the leading edge? I would use it as a door stop no way I would put it on my motor the odds it is balanced is slim to none.

When you say yours has been worked do you know by who and what was done to it?

8. Member
    It's probably been B&B and they do sharpen and thin the blades when a B&B is done.