Hello All!
I am currently looking to buy a stainless steel prop for my 2014 pt 190 (2013 optimax 90 hp). I currently am using a 19p black max. Top speed 42.5 at 5750 rpm's WOT. I used the prop calculator on the mercury website. The results recommended a Laser II 13.5 (actually 13.25) 20p with a modest increase of speed of 2 mph. One older thread discussed this and directed feed back from Bassmaster.com. "Baseline numbers for the 18’ 7”, 89-inch beam, 1,041-pound Tracker with the 20P stainless Laser II were 42 MPH with the motor bouncing off the rev limiter at nearly 6,000 RPM. The fact that the motor wanted to over-rev was proof enough that this rig needed at less tall (higher pitch number) prop. First, we stuck the 21P on Harbin’s Tracker and he let it loose. The result? The same hole shot, and a little bit of a wobble when it topped out at 45.2 MPH @ 5,800 on the GPS. That’s a 3-plus MPH gain. With the 22P, he noted a 44.5 MPH top speed and better handling at higher speeds. Plus his RPMs are where they need to be, in the 5,700 RPM range. Harbin decided to go with the 22P for the slightly lower RPM range, better handling and basically same top speed as the 21
Would using a 22p be to much for my boat motor combo? Is 20p too little? I know many of you have extensive experience in this area. As I have no experience in this area, I would really appreciate any of your feed back in helping me make the right choice!
Thanks in advance!