Thread: Bravo 1 LT

Bravo 1 LT

Any one ran the Bravo 1 LT? What was you application and results? I think it is gear more towards heavy deep v walleye type boats more so than Bass Boats. But I am thinking the extra lift might benefit my 21PHX due to the fact that I run at 5000 ft elevation.

I have got kind of wrapped up in squeezing every mph I can out of this boat. Kind of became a obsession. I experimented with 5deg transom wedges, and although they did pick me up a couple mph, my hole shot suffered. The worst part was slow plane speed the boat tended to porpoise. Not bad, but it bothered me. I don't feel that transom wedges are a option. Was wondering if the LT Bravo would give the lift I need without the wedges? Or I am I thinking wrong?

I have a Bravo 1 XS on it now and it is my favorite prop. I also have a Tempest plus that is faster by 1 or 2 mph with a light load. Loaded up the Bravo is faster.

Just wondering other thoughts. I am under unique conditions with my altitude, and there is no info out there for me to research. I am kind of going at this on my own, and have made progress. Appreciate any helpful advice.
    Last edited by RockYScouT; 07-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.

2. Member
    The LT long tube won't help you to gain speed, or anything.
    5* wedges are way,way,way, too steep for a Phoenix.
    Last edited by Savage; 07-20-2019 at 09:49 PM.

3. Member
    It is a Phoenix.

4. Member
    So the point of me mentioning the transom wedges was that they DID make the boat faster. Granted at the expense of bottom end. I could go with 2deg wedges but that is just splitting the difference. The fact that it is faster with wedges makes me think the potential for more is there.

5. Member
    2* can help, but like I said 5* (over 2X as much) is bad.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    2* can help, but like I said 5* (over 2X as much) is bad.
    Ok yeah, I get it. Not running the wedges. Already decided that. The boat did benefit from the extra lift provided by more trim. Can I get that lift another way? Like with a prop? The LT is designed specificly to provide extra lift.

The LT has more stern lift, reducing bow lift. Slows down most boats.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The LT has more stern lift, reducing bow lift. Slows down most boats.
    Thanks!

9. Member
    I ran a Bravo LT on a Champion 203. The Champ liked the transom lift and the boat ran really flat which I liked. Hole shot and mid range was excellent. I just purchased a 20 PHX and will run the LT on it shortly. I am currently running a Bravo 1 XS. I will let you know how the PHX likes the LT

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Jordan View Post
    I ran a Bravo LT on a Champion 203. The Champ liked the transom lift and the boat ran really flat which I liked. Hole shot and mid range was excellent. I just purchased a 20 PHX and will run the LT on it shortly. I am currently running a Bravo 1 XS. I will let you know how the PHX likes the LT
    Sure would appreciate the feedback!

11. Member
    I've got a Bravo 1 XS on my 2019 Nitro Z21 Merc 250 ProXS and absolutely love it. Unplug 2 of the PVS holes, the other 2 fully plugged (opposite ends). Fantastic holeshot and handling. Must better than the 23P Fury 3 it came with, but then again my boat is loaded and heavy. 70 mph top end, while the Fury 3 only 67 and slower than sh*t out of the hole- 3/4 fuel and livewells 1/2 full. Zero chinewalk- jackplate at 9-10 running, 4 at holeshot.

12. Member
    The OP'S question is about the "LT" Long Tube model, not the XS.

13. Member
    So if a stern lifting prop is the wrong way to go, what would be the best bet for a bow lifting prop?

14. Member
    Tempest Plus

15. Member
    I ran the Tempest. It needs the extra trim provided by the transom wedges in order to obtain max speed.

16. Member
    Could Mark work either my Tempest or my Bravo 1XS to obtain more lift, so that I would not need transom wedges?
    Last edited by RockYScouT; 08-02-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Mark can add lift, But too much cup can rob HP and speed if the hull cant use it... More does not mean better... I had Mark add lots of cup to reduce my trim needs, And I lost 2 mph like Mark told me I would... I just had to try it myself.
    Last edited by 21XDC; 08-02-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

18. Member
    I'd try more setback if wedges help that much. get more natural bow lift.
    I previously had wedges and got more speed. but handling was garbage trimmed up.also needed to have prop buried to keep bow lift. boat was a trim slut. chine walk was annoying steering was stiff.

now I went 2 inches more setback . was able to run motor way higher and run without wedges. handling is world better and so is steering. hull runs flatter too. nose doesnt wander and it's not grabbing air every wake .
    did all this when I repowed from a 225 opti to a 200 proxs v8. and added 2 batteries. loaded I get same speeds.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    I'd try more setback if wedges help that much. get more natural bow lift.
    I previously had wedges and got more speed. but handling was garbage trimmed up.also needed to have prop buried to keep bow lift. boat was a trim slut. chine walk was annoying steering was stiff.

now I went 2 inches more setback . was able to run motor way higher and run without wedges. handling is world better and so is steering. hull runs flatter too. nose doesnt wander and it's not grabbing air every wake .
    did all this when I repowed from a 225 opti to a 200 proxs v8. and added 2 batteries. loaded I get same speeds.
    I am going to try this. I ordered a 8" extension for my Atlas to replace my 6", will give me 14" of total set back. Thanks for the advice!

20. Member
    yup just try not to stand on trim. bump it slowly and keep lifting that bravo. see how it goes
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff