Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are 20XD's Dinosaurs?

It seems really strange that just 3 years ago it was almost impossible to find a super clean 20XD. I searched all over the country before pulling the trigger on mine. Now for health reasons I'm trying to sell it and I have had almost no interest. The few contacts I've had didn't seem serious. Listed in Boats4Sale and about 5 other places plus craigslist.

I know it's across the country in AZ but I thought there would have been some interest from the left coast. Only one inquiry from CA and it was a text that asked if it was still for sale; I replied yes and that was the end of the texts. What happened to the day when someone that was interested would call you and you could talk about the boat. I'm tired of 2 hour text sessions that end with crickets.

I listed this fine Bullet at low NADA even though it would rate much higher. I know 23K for a 12yr old boat seems high but our boats should hold their value. Is it the 225HP that is stopping any interest? Is it the colors?, single axle trailer?, or what???

I don't need to sell it for financial reasons, it just seems a shame for it not to be used. I'm tempted to take it off of the market!

Rant over.
    96' Ranger R77 Sport / Merc 115 ProXS 4S

2. Member
    Nothing wrong with your boat at all , if it were me I would put it on consignment at a bass boat dealer , after people see 70 k boats and yours it will sell .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    Great idea but around here they would want to leave it outside. That's not going to happen.

4. Member
    If it was on this side of the Mississippi it would already be sold. My buddy looked for 10 months for 1 before he found one. You don't find them like yours around here and you have a fair price on it.

I am very surprised! Would have thought AZ/CA would be a great market for a Bullet. There was even a Bullet CC on display at the Needles event this year. You have a very nice boat at what I would think is a very fair price. Someone will come along and realize the value. Just tell them you had already cleaned this hole by the time these guys got there

Fishing 1.jpg

6. Member
    Took me 6 months to find my 20 XD. Can't say for sure about your boat but the motor would have been a deal killer. The single axle trailer would have been a negative.

7. Member
    Just looked at your add. That looks like very nice 20XD. Price is good. That boat in my part of the country should sell even with that motor. I suspect a lot of the problem is your location.

8. Member
    I know Phx is not a performance boat market. Everyone one around here has noise and speed confused. BTW, I brought my Allison here from Oklahoma and the Bullet came from Alabama. I'll bet if the stage 4 JSRE 280 that was on my Allison was on my Bullet it would be sold.

9. Member
    Its location, gotta find someone in your region. I looked a long time before finding my 20XD but I actually like your colors a little better. I like a single axle trailer because it can be moved around easily. I also would be fine with the motor. I Googled how far from Knoxville thinking I could sell mine but it’s 27 hours one way or 54 hours round trip. I’m not willing to travel that far for any boat.

Id see if a texas dealer will sell it for you and take it to them

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelRT View Post
    I know Phx is not a performance boat market. Everyone one around here has noise and speed confused. BTW, I brought my Allison here from Oklahoma and the Bullet came from Alabama. I'll bet if the stage 4 JSRE 280 that was on my Allison was on my Bullet it would be sold.
    The 280 MIGHT would sell better. If I recall correctly the 260 and 280 were not known for longevity. I personally would have leaned toward the 280 over the 225. I have a 250 XS and would have loved to have found one with the 300XS, which is not very common. I think your location is the main problem.

I also think the location is the main issue....boat looks great !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

13. Member
    Location, location,location

14. Member
    I think it’s your location I had a hard time with mine being in central Texas and have seen other bullets struggle to sell in this area. I took mine to Kentucky with Tim Powell to sell I feel being farther east will make it move quicker.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

15. Member

Add

I just sold my tin boat and have looked at yours hard. Its just a tad out of my budget, ive also looked at alli a year or so ago. I dont see to many around here.

16. Member
    Very few Bullets and Allisons around Little Rock, but it's cool when you see one!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Very few Bullets and Allisons around Little Rock, but it's cool when you see one!!

Yes it is, im on the hunt for on now being that i have sold my other boat. Seems to be a very tight group of guys. All of the forums, group pages im on seems to be very positive. Id really love to find a 20xrd with single axel trailer, swing away toungue, with a 200-250 prefer merc, sporty, Nothing yellow. Im not going to compromise on my wants in some areas. I know im going to have to travel to get what i want in the price i want. All i have is time and i dont have to have any financing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkt1 View Post
    Yes it is, im on the hunt for on now being that i have sold my other boat. Seems to be a very tight group of guys. All of the forums, group pages im on seems to be very positive. Id really love to find a 20xrd with single axel trailer, swing away toungue, with a 200-250 prefer merc, sporty, Nothing yellow. Im not going to compromise on my wants in some areas. I know im going to have to travel to get what i want in the price i want. All i have is time and i dont have to have any financing.
    You had a shot at one!!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

19. Member
    Yes sir i did. I appreciate you taking time to show it to me. I just could not afford 2 at one time.

20. Member
    You had a shot at two!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast