Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Funny you say that as I have seriously thought about the 460. I started building this thing years ago in my early 20's. Had a 347 mated to a PG to a 9" rear with a 4 link I built from scratch. Never managed to finish it as life just caught up with me but ive never been able to bring myself to sell it. So right now it sets in storage.

One of the last things I did was pull the engine and sell it as I decided to build a 408 out of a 351w. So between here and there being it has no engine I have thought about just going all nuts with a 460.
    20170920_094944.jpg
    Got this sitting in the garage and a 6.2 ls, don't have time to work on it.

2. Banned
    Don't know why the picture is upside down.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    20170920_094944.jpg
    Got this sitting in the garage and a 6.2 ls, don't have time to work on it.
    That's pretty much how my truck sets. Single cab long bed with big ole back tires. And I haven't worked on it in years lol.

Part of my issue is I (well besides needing 35k to throw it together) is I keep adding and adding and adding to the point I never finish it. Such as I would like to try my hand at building the chassis from scratch. Basically just hang the body from the cage / chassis I build. What I should have done is what I said when I started it to just build a hot street cruiser and go from there. But nooooooo I cant do that I have to rip it apart and try building a redneck promod LOL

4. Banned
    Time and motivation is my biggest problem. My wife had a stroke Memorial Day 2017 and I haven't had time for anything since then.

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Time and motivation is my biggest problem. My wife had a stroke Memorial Day 2017 and I haven't had time for anything since then.
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

6. Member
    Do it for Dale !!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    What is a crash box? Is that I call a "pro shifted trans?

And you call that slow...damn man
    I went back and watched the run again of the cage car, it looked like an "H" pattern box he was rowing. In my terminology a crash box is an all steel gear box with dog shifting drums no synchronizers. It's almost impossible to miss a shift, and the RPM drop is negligible. Once I forgot to use the clutch except in starting off in a 1/4 mile and I didn't miss any upshifts. You never lift when shifting a crash box. It didn't look like a Lenco to me. Just my opinion, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

8. Member
    I believe he is still using a t56, albeit is worked over a bit, billet this and that and face plated gears, and up until recently he was still using factory rear ends in it.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123