Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Huh? Some of us enjoy 0-60 in under three seconds. Some of us are also happily married.
    My point in case it was missed is how does a bass boat cost more than a sports car with all the tech that it has?
    Totally agree. Simple answer, because people will pay stupid prices for their toys. When the customer quits buying, isn't it amazing how the prices start plummeting?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Ive seriously wondered how people spend the money they do on bass boats...just from the perspective of how often youd use it. I'd have to be fishing multiple times a week to justify $80k on a boat...and would rather buy every day toys with that money. Ill take that vette 10 times out of 10...but ive always loved vettes too, they did good on this one!
    I've had two Zo6 vettes...they both sat in the garage most of the time..but when we drove them..damn it was fun! I've got two boats...they both sit way more than they are used..but when we use them...priceless fun.

We use a quote from "Shawshank Redemption" a lot around here..."get busy living"

To each his own but for me, life isn't always about justifying.

3. Member
    I was always under the assumption that a fool never had money to part ways with.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Because fools and their money soon part ways.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have had a couple corvettes, I sold the last one because I had tried of the 6 speed manual. My son has a deposit down on a 2020. The 2020 will be slower in a straight line than his 2014 built by late Model race craft was, but I think will be more fun to drive.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Member
    Nope I know some fools that have money.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

6. Banned
    I'll opt for the new Fiat™ and any colored leftover from last year..

7. Member
    Save your money, don't buy the Ranger

Did not know that a ranger sold for $80,000. Strictly tin boat guy....but then a decked out Lund is gonna be in that neighborhood. Seems like its a "bass" fisherman boat. 90% of people around us use tin. Fish for crappies and catfish....few bass fisherman and they have fiberglass.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I've had two Zo6 vettes...they both sat in the garage most of the time..but when we drove them..damn it was fun! I've got two boats...they both sit way more than they are used..but when we use them...priceless fun.

We use a quote from "Shawshank Redemption" a lot around here..."get busy living"

To each his own but for me, life isn't always about justifying.
    I get you...but you are life goals....dont know if Id ever own a ranger and that sweet ass bay boat you got at the same time! Im projecting my own values and youre right, to each their own. If I ever get a corvette or $60k plus boat tho....better believe im gonna use the hell out of them! lol

I was just hassling a buddy of mine for looking for a "back up boat" cuz he's having motor problems! But to each their own, and you earned that money so its yours to spend.

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ve had quite a few fast straight line cars, and built them myself...tons of fun. BUT, I’ll never forget my 1st Vette! 99 FRC that I put heads, cam, intake, headers, exhaust and a tune. It was only a 475rwhp car but it would move and it sounded really great for an LS engine; they’re pretty hard to get a good sound from.

If you’re not a car guy, don’t enjoy taking a corner at 110, and most importantly don’t enjoy working in your car you probably don’t get it. We all have different things that blow our skirt up.

As a kid I would work on my Nova all week to make the races Saturday night, it was a great time. My back wouldn’t enjoy that kind of work anymore so creature comforts are nice in a “race car”!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

The Vette, to me the nicest car I might of ever saw, jmo.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    You can't catch fish running 210 mph.
    Can you catch one doing 5mph?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Makes no sense to me how they can even ask 35,000 for a bass boat,it’s fiberglass and a motor not even a good motor!I paid 35,000 for my 17 ram big horn and yes I can fish off the tailgate

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Can you catch one doing 5mph?
    Yes.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Makes no sense to me how they can even ask 35,000 for a bass boat,it’s fiberglass and a motor not even a good motor!I paid 35,000 for my 17 ram big horn and yes I can fish off the tailgate
    thing would make too much noise!

Lucky you got that charger! lol

16. Member
    Can't finance the Corvette for 20 years even if you wait for the performance models at $90-110k which will be the ones worth having.

17. Member
    I currently have a C7, which is my third vette. A mid-engine model is a sacrilege. Don't need a European knock-off.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I currently have a C7, which is my third vette. A mid-engine model is a sacrilege. Don't need a European knock-off.
    If you ignore the future progress get over in the right lane.
    There was only so far a front mounted engine could take the vette. Well that's what the Chevy engineer said anyway.

I’d take the 60K and buy an older corvette. Say a 69 convertible with a 427. To me that’s a much more desirable corvette than any new one. But I’d rather have a Buick GNX than any corvette but that’s just me.

20. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    I’d take the 60K and buy an older corvette. Say a 69 convertible with a 427. To me that’s a much more desirable corvette than any new one. But I’d rather have a Buick GNX than any corvette but that’s just me.
    More desirable to look at but.not.to drive. I had a 66 convert 427. Compared to even a c6 or c7, log wagon.
    Last edited by Roddy; 07-21-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast