Anyone with a G2 hot foot

Anyone have an evinrude g2 with the factory offered hot foot? Watching videos on the g2, it shows them switching from the hotfoot to the hand throttle back and forth. They're using a small screen to change the settings which I don't remember seeing in the 1980 w/ g2 that I test drove.

Can this be done on the vexus with the hotfoot offered or does it require something extra?

i have a 2080 with a G2 200 that has the hot foot, but i cant go back and forth.
    dont know but i have heard that it can be done some how.

3. Member
    Not sure on the vexus but my ranger I can use the evinrude touch screen and go back and forth, only takes a few seconds.. I would think it would be the same for any boat as long as it's the g2

Yes this can be done on a Vexus. You will need the evinrude controls to switch between the 2. Was considering putting the control where my tach is as it offers a digital rpm.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

5. Member
    Dang it, more money. Should have known.

6. Member
    Looks like you need the nautilus 3.5" for the round option or the bigger icon that is square....round icon doesn't support switching throttles.
    Anyone seen a price on either or these? I can just find press releases, no prices.

If you dont have a engine monitor of some type (icon) the dealer can switch it real quick with the evdiag software

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

There is a round control model that allows you to go between HF and hand. I have message out to my dealer that quoted me the install. Believe it was around 800 out door.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Just get an icon touch screen. You wouldnt believe how much you can do with one. Every g2 should come with one imo. I have the 7.0 and its great

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

The 3.5" Evinrude Nautilus gauge allows you to switch between the hotfoot and the hand throttle.

11. Member
    There is another option. Evinrude has a part called the E-Link that gives you the functionality of the Icon touch screen controls on your smartphone or tablet (Android or IOS). I have a Vexus AVX 1980 with the 150 G2 and a foot throttle. I have one on order (around $325). I will post here when I get it installed and working. You will need a NMEA 2000 network to use it.

Evinrude Part number 768403

12. Member
    Update: I just went out and started fiddling with my Garmin Echomap Plus 93 SV that is connected to the G2 via NMEA 2000 network. This part is likely Garmin specific, but if I go to "Gauges" section on my Garmin unit, then select "Engine" and then "Menu" I then have the ability to switch between "Trim Assist On/Off", "Throttle Foot/Hand." I also have the option to re-calibrate my tilt/trim limits and the Winterize option is available. I have only tweaked the Trim Assist and Throttle options thus far. Keep in mind I have not been on the water to test these, but when I switch to Hand Throttle, the icon/graphic on the screen that has always shown a "foot stepping on a gas pedal" now changes to the picture of a hand throttle.

As far as I can tell at this point, the only option that I would really like that I don't have via the NMEA 2000 network on my Garmin Graph is adjusting the power steering. At slow speeds, the wheel is tough to turn and I would like to get my wife comfortable with driving the boat...making the power steering a bit easier might make it easier on her.

Hope this helps.

Additional update: I have had the boat on the water since my last post. I was able to easily switch between hand and foot throttle. I was also able to turn trim assist on and off. I obviously haven't tested the winterize option, but I did purchase the E-Link module that makes your android or IOs phone or tablet the same as an iCon touch gauge. I got NO additional functionality from that that I do not already have with my Garmin unit using the NMEA 2000 network backbone. The layout on the E-Link app is better, but not $350 better. I will be taking the E-link back (will probably cost me a re-stocking fee) but that's still cheaper for something I now know I do not need.
    Last edited by TDWalk; 07-24-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional Information

13. Member
    That's awesome info. Of course I was planning on going with birds Haha. Going to have to keep researching this. I know I'll end up using the hot foot 90% of the time, it would be nice to be able to switch for those long idles thru no wake zones and longer runs up river.

^ thats good info for sure

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr View Post
    That's awesome info. Of course I was planning on going with birds Haha. Going to have to keep researching this. I know I'll end up using the hot foot 90% of the time, it would be nice to be able to switch for those long idles thru no wake zones and longer runs up river.
    Remember with the Nautilus gauge you are also getting all of the engine information that you can use besides getting the ability to switch throttles. If you have a problem with a depthfinder then you will be stuck with whatever mode you were in before it became a problem.

16. Member
    Sure makes me wish Land and Sea hadn't went under.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Sure makes me wish Land and Sea hadn't went under.
    What did they do for the G2?

18. Member
    I can display engine info and switch from foot to hand throttle for the G2 using my dash mount Lowrance Elite Ti2.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    What did they do for the G2?
    They made a dual cable throttle, use either hand or foot, an old school concept that this updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    They made a dual cable throttle, use either hand or foot, an old school concept that this updates.
    The g2 is a real gamechanger. Fly by wire all on the network and the auto style foot throttle is a dream to use. You can push it with one toe and best of all- no cables except the network back bones