Inaccurate voltage on Merc monitor?

Level 1 MM. Messing with my boat this evening and running through the screens on MM. Voltage showed 12.3 which is dead. Knowing better that the new X2 battery is healthy checked it at the battery with fluke. 12.80. quite a bit of difference. I wouldnt be surprised to see a tenth or 2 difference. Seems like a good bit of discrepancy to be just wiring voltage drop. Any calibrations on this function?

2006 225 ProXS
    1B380805

Voltage drop test power and ground circuits, I will bet on it that there is a drop some where
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Yes I would agree that .5 even with a 15 to 20 foot run is a lot. Got to be a bad connection problem, in a few weeks I will be installing one in my new boat I will run voltage prior to install and check after to see what I end up with.

4. Member
    Normal. Remember, you are not reading "no load battery voltage" at the Mercmonitor you are reading battery voltage, key on, with all the engine circuits energized.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Normal. Remember, you are not reading "no load battery voltage" at the Mercmonitor you are reading battery voltage, key on, with all the engine circuits energized.
    THIS. I can concur with. I didn't think about that. We always assume the worst.
    Thanks fellers

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Additionally, what displays on the MercMonitor (or other Smartcraft Instrument) is the LOWER of:

-MPR Voltage

-PCM Wake Circuit voltage.

The theory here is that we don't want the operator to have a "false sense of security"- so the lower voltage is displayed.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor