Henderson Harbor public ramp....

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the ramp is useable or under water? Thinking of hitting Lake Ontario one day while staying near Oneida.

Tks, BAM

2. Member
    Bam
    call Barb at the motel in Henderson, she would be able to help you out I bet, I tried to make two trips this year already and plans fell apart, I’m going to try for the end of August again, if you get up there let me know how you did
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

3. Member
    Good idea Rangerguyz21! Will let ya know if I get up there...

4. Member
    Hi All,

Hit Lake Ontario after spending 3 days on Oneida. The weather people said the first day winds would be calm, well they got that wrong! When the trees are swaying, I don't think the winds are light! So I fished mainly around Six Town Point and the fishing was good. The next day I went to Chaumont Bay to get some wind protection and did well around Cherry Island, including 2 that were probably close to 5 pounds. Both the Henderson Harbor ramp and the town of Chaumont public ramp were dealing with high water, but you only had to step into 6 inches of water to launch your boat...water is warm, so no problem in flip flops...

PS: Am I crazy of do the Lake Ontario charter captains like to have some fun with bass boats? Last year and this year I noticed that they seem to enjoy leaving me in their wake. I was close to Association Island and they came pretty close. At one point two boats were following each other and the front one went to my left, but the other decided to go right, between me and the shore.....I was soon in a washing machine like motion, my bilge was on for a long time! Oh well, maybe they just don't like Bass Cats.....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Hi All,

Hit Lake Ontario after spending 3 days on Oneida. The weather people said the first day winds would be calm, well they got that wrong! When the trees are swaying, I don't think the winds are light! So I fished mainly around Six Town Point and the fishing was good. The next day I went to Chaumont Bay to get some wind protection and did well around Cherry Island, including 2 that were probably close to 5 pounds. Both the Henderson Harbor ramp and the town of Chaumont public ramp were dealing with high water, but you only had to step into 6 inches of water to launch your boat...water is warm, so no problem in flip flops...

PS: Am I crazy of do the Lake Ontario charter captains like to have some fun with bass boats? Last year and this year I noticed that they seem to enjoy leaving me in their wake. I was close to Association Island and they came pretty close. At one point two boats were following each other and the front one went to my left, but the other decided to go right, between me and the shore.....I was soon in a washing machine like motion, my bilge was on for a long time! Oh well, maybe they just don't like Bass Cats.....
    Sounds like the Bill Saiff boats. They do it all the time, and not just to bass boats. There are some charter captains that think they own the lake. That being said, there are a bunch who show respect to other boaters. Bill Saiff boats seem to go out of their way to ruin everyone else's fishing.

6. Member
    Yeah he's a piece of work