300R Operating Temp

300R Serial Number 1E080841

I need some help. I have looked in the manual and on the web and can't find the operating temp range and what temp creates an alarm? Does anyone know?

It's an R with a sportsmaster so it is going to get raised up, I just want to know before I start running it high with props. I have a new hydraulic jack plate coming and I will start playing with motor height.

Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

2. Member
    I know that mine normal operates right at 140..even in this hot weather..thats running at a min water pressure of 10psi...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's a good general-range. Exact alarm threshold may vary from one PCM calibration to another, but will be well above thermostatic temp range.

Best to keep water pressure above 15 psi for WOT operation, you should not experience overheating under those conditions.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor