USA Evinrude 150xp Flywheel

I plan to pull my flywheel this weekend to replace the stator and timer. First time for me. One question I have is it necessary to use the Evinrude flywheel removal parts as listed in the manual or can you use some other type of puller? If so, which type? An if anyone could offer any more information about this job that might be helpful I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Hey Steve,
    Go by the hardware store and get you 3 3.5" long 5/16" 24Pitch (fine thread) 9 good size fender washers. You're gonna need a socket for the flywheel nut. You may also want to pick up a tap to clean the flywheel threads that tap will be the same size 5/16x24P, pop the flywheel nut off. Pick up a harmonic balancer puller and thread the bolts to the top of the flywheel. It will be a snap if you have an air compressor and impact gun. If you don't you'll need a breaker bar, autozone or advance will probably rent you a flywheel holder and maybe even the harmonic balancer puller. Crank on the bolt puller and it will pop off eventually.

3. Member
    Got it! Thanks Fred.