Thread: Heat wave

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I like snow!

But not too bad out, on the Cape, but another weekend of staying off the roads......not worth the gridlock. Sneak to the pond a night, not a soul out there....

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    97 is normal for my area! And with the rain everyday you can feel the water evaporating during the heat of the day. It’s miserable! When I was younger I never understood why them made a big deal when it got hot up north. Then I went to several places without central ac and my eyes were opened. Being born in Florida I never thought about that!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

It's warm but I love it! I absolutely hate the cold anymore. Bring on the heat!

I’m loading up the side by side and going riding this weekend. Between the triple digit heat index and the heat from the motor it should be awesome.

Yup. Pretty bad here too. 100 out with an index of 106. But like Mark said, not abnormal for us. Feel bad for the folks up north.

Supposed to be a high of 80 here Monday so i'm taking the day and going fishing. Getting down to 62 here Monday evening! Like fall!

6. Member
    Kinda warm here. Had worse heat and humidity here a few weeks ago. Still plenty warm and sticky, but it beats the dickens out of -35 and windy.
    Dave

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    97 is win for us this time of year. That's almost weather weather here...
    Here’s something to chew on for a minute. Six months ago our windchills were -25 to -40 degrees. Today and tomorrow our heat index will be around 110. That’s a feels like temperature swing of 135-150 degrees! That’s something you southern boys don’t deal with, that’s why we’re sissies when it comes to heat.

Side note i stayed with my Aunt in Mesa about 15 years ago, it was 93 one day and wasn’t too bad. Huge difference between dry heat and humidity.

8. Member
    I’ll bet not to many of US (myself included) doing much strenuous Manuel labor in this, whether you like hot weather or not. And mowing grass on a riding mower don’t count , lol.

Seriously, stay safe outside, and don’t forget to give the pets extra attention (water/shade).

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Here’s something to chew on for a minute. Six months ago our windchills were -25 to -40 degrees. Today and tomorrow our heat index will be around 110. That’s a feels like temperature swing of 135-150 degrees! That’s something you southern boys don’t deal with, that’s why we’re sissies when it comes to heat.

Side note i stayed with my Aunt in Mesa about 15 years ago, it was 93 one day and wasn’t too bad. Huge difference between dry heat and humidity.

I live in Texas and we know all about humidity....that's the part that sucks the most about the heat here.

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

Grew up in Iowa and experienced plenty of sub-zero temps... Been in Mississippi for 25+ years now and definitely know what hot is.

Have suffered in both an Iowa summer and a Mississippi winter. In fact, the coldest I've ever been was on a Mississippi duck hunt. Just something about the nearly constant dampness here... Makes the hot hotter and the cold much colder.

Agreed on the 'dry heat', though... Lived in Lubbock for several years and that was some great weather (except for the dust storms )... No humidity, no mosquitoes. The streets might be melting in the afternoon, but it cooled off beautifully when the sun went down.
    Who controls John Gill?

11. Member
    It has been hot here. Step outside and immediately start sweating. Night temperature is also hot compared to past times. Use to fish at night and need a light jacket. For some years now you sweat all night fishing. Glad I can though.
    Praying for a Cure

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I live in Texas and we know all about humidity....that's the part that sucks the most about the heat here.
    I wasn’t sure how humid Texas got. I know you guys have the gulf, but I thought most of it was aired air.

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I wasn’t sure how humid Texas got. I know you guys have the gulf, but I thought most of it was aired air.
    Texas has multiple geographic regions and associated climates... It's like a whole 'nother country.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    Basically just 2 days of high heat and humidity here. 90 today, 95 tomorrow then back to 85 Sunday, 79 on Monday. Not going to complain about it, especially with what we have to deal with for winter.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

15. Member
    Typical July day in SC. Does not bother me. Just make sure to drink plenty of water.

Warm this week, but next week back down to the 80's with lows in the 60's

17. Member
    Hate that y'all are dealing with this...we are used to it, but I know that it is heck for you folks up north

Kind of like when we hit sub freezing down here in South central Texas and y'all are like "what is the issue? We haven't seen a day over 32* in weeks" while everyone down here is at the grocery store fighting over bread and milk cause we saw a couple of snow flurries we just aren't used to it this far south...hope it eases up for y'all quickly

Boston

The Cape Cod is Closed......we have exceeded our capacity!

I’ll take heat any day over the cold. Anything colder than about 55 puts me in a foul mood. I couldn’t imagine living up north.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I’ll take heat any day over the cold. Anything colder than about 55 puts me in a foul mood. I couldn’t imagine living up north.
    You can dress for the cold. You can’t dress for this crap. I was snow blowing in -7 temps in February and sweating, unzipped my coat a little and I was good. Nothing you can do about this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast