How did the inner casing get damaged?

What could cause this damage? It's deeply grooved and warped. I had it at the shop to get a new hub and they told me its damage from the factory and that the prop was trash. It's a Yamaha Vmax prop
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Who took the hub out of the prop you or the shop? Looks like some one didn't know how to take the pressed in hub out and tried to take it out like you would a square hub and used a hammer and screw driver on it.

3. Member
    A prop shop removed the hub and put a new one in. The spline was off center and I couldn't mount the prop so I returned it and they were going to put another hub in, but said the casing was "cracked and warped" and couldn't be fixed. They said it was a factory defect. I don't currently know the history of the prop before I got it, but I think it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tk_duluthbass View Post
    A prop shop removed the hub and put a new one in. The spline was off center and I couldn't mount the prop so I returned it and they were going to put another hub in, but said the casing was "cracked and warped" and couldn't be fixed. They said it was a factory defect.

Let me get this straight...they installed a hub, had it off center and when you returned it they said the casting was "cracked and warped"...so my question to them would be why would you install a hub on a known bad prop. I am often a skeptick so this is definitely one time I am throwing the bullchit flag...They messed up your prop and are hoping you buy their story. I might be wrong but that's my opinion.

I am suspicious as well, I would get a second opinion from leading prop guy like mark. With that said I would not spent a dime on a pressed in hub prop, I would change it out to a newer design
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Let me get this straight...they installed a hub, had it off center and when you returned it they said the casting was "cracked and warped"...so my question to them would be why would you install a hub on a known bad prop. I am often a skeptick so this is definitely one time I am throwing the bullchit flag...They messed up your prop and are hoping you buy their story. I might be wrong but that's my opinion.
    Yes, they said they didn't notice that the casing was warped the first time I had it in. They did refund all of my money, but if they ruined the prop then they should have to replace it.

7. Member
    What Yamaha prop is it? They have had problems with the T1 series props.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    What Yamaha prop is it? They have had problems with the T1 series props.
    Not sure. 23m, no manufacturer id on it, it's not vented. I just bought a T1 to replace it. What issues did they have?

9. Member

Pic is a repaired Yamaha pro series

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Pic is a repaired Yamaha pro series
    What shows that it's been repaired? Repaired by Yamaha?

The numbers stamped on the barrel side are not factory. 99% sure they are repair numbers.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html