2002 Sabre Grab Handle

Am I able to drill into the area beneath the seats to install a passenger grab handle?

I have the bench seat with cooler and storage, but between the fiberglass and the inside of the storage compartment is about 1 1/2" of material.
    Can I just drill holes through that to attach a handle?

Here is a photo of what I would like to do..

Thanks in Advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you wanting it for looks or actual functionality? If for function, look up one of toledobassers old post on basscat forum. He got some exercise handles and screwed them into his underseat storage areas. They store under the seats when not in use but if you need a "oh shit" handle, you can pull them out. That handle is very low to actually be of good use. Just my thoughts

toledobasser
    Participant

My sister fishes with me on Toledo Bend sometimes and she gets nervous in the rough stuff. She thinks its too far to bend over and grab the stainless steel bar down below the seats, so i came up with something to give her a handle to hold. I ordered a handle that is actually made for exercise equipment and mounted it under the lip of the passenger seat. It does not interfere with opening the cooler or the underseat storage. hhJim EbarbMany, LA (Toledo Bend Lake)2004 Cougar/ 225 OptimaxHumminbird Helix 12 Chirp SI on BalzOut Mount at bowLowrance HDS 7 at bowHumminbird Helix 12 Mega SI on Ram Mount at ConsoleLowrance HDS 8 in dash at console

4. Member
    Sweet! I was looking at something like that yesterday. I will have to see how to mount it under the seat.