Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Everything I get from Amazon is packed poorly and half destroyed most of the time. I'm careful what I order from them anymore.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    My issue on back-ordered items is they often go thru the US Postal System not UPS. USPS is always slower. Always amazed at their inept abilities.
    Overall I find this to not be true (I sell online/ship things for a living, so I have a pretty large sample source). There are exceptions (I recently had a Priority Mail package take 2 weeks to get from here to Indiana), but overall I have fewer late deliveries with USPS and generally quicker published shipping time with USPS. Less broken stuff, too.

Cool thing was a small part I (in Georgia) ordered from an ebay seller in Seattle on a Saturday at noon. Shipped USPS, first class package at that. I kid you not, it was in my mailbox by 11 am on Monday morning. That, too is an exception, not a rule, but I was pretty impressed.

I use UPS for all of our bigger packages, strictly because they offered the lowest account rate, but we do have a greater late package rate with them than with USPS or Fedex.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Who is John Galt?

3. Banned
    Thank stinks guys. This is why I never order anything out of stock. I look for it else where or wait for it to come back in stock.

4. Banned
    That is Horse Shit!!!!!! God that is sorry. I had a rod from Field and Stream come in a box crushed like that. Rod wasn't broke but 8 months later it broke and 13 replaced it. Dont these people realize it needs to be shipped in a tube?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    could be worse - this is what was sitting on my doorstep yesterday:
    Attachment 370396 Attachment 370397

(Not TW's packing/shipping handiwork)

5. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    I have a back order shipped 7-16-19 and it will be delivered 7-24-19, 8 days to go 289 miles. Anyone here had that kind of slow delivery service from them on back orders ?
    Shipping time to my door for TW back orders typically suck

TW does a great job shipping rods .

Takes 5 days to get here on standard shipping from TW.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    I have a back order shipped 7-16-19 and it will be delivered 7-24-19, 8 days to go 289 miles. Anyone here had that kind of slow delivery service from them on back orders ?
    Theyre losing money....prolly twice on shipping. Im pretty sure you got the free shipping when you spend $50. Then they are having to spend another $x amount to ship the backorder. Im sure theyre sending it the cheapest and easiest way possible.

I actually have 1....yes 1 pack of senkos on their way that I forgot about. I kinda feel bad that they had to spend money to ship me $5 and change worth of merchandise that I bought during the TW sale. I usually call and cancel if its 1 or 2 things just cuz I dont want them to waste the money to ship, but I forgot this time. I got the email a few days ago and still have no senkos...so like you im sure they are sending it the cheapest way possible, which also tends to be the slowest.

Go to BPS or a local bait shop and pay their prices if you really have a problem with this. Super first world problems right here and these threads are annoying to see...cuz even though its not really a badmouthing thread it doesnt shine a good light on the company. Just my 2 cents.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    could be worse - this is what was sitting on my doorstep yesterday:
    Attachment 370396 Attachment 370397

(Not TW's packing/shipping handiwork)
    In what world is a long box bent in half a good thing? SMDH! who was shipping UPS or USPS? my money is on USPS....

TW sends tubes...thankfully!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    In what world is a long box bent in half a good thing? SMDH! who was shipping UPS or USPS? my money is on USPS....

TW sends tubes...thankfully!
    Must be the world where the shipper improperly packages a package for shipping.

Have you ever seen TW, heck even sorry ass Bass Pro Shops ship a rod like that? Not me, & ive ordered hundreds of rods over the years from all major vendors.

Yep, that extra $3 dollars saved on shipping packaging products comes with a high price tag.

11. Member
    Generally I love shopping Tacklewarehouse. Good prices. Great selection. Nice commentary on specific items. Usually I wait until I have a $50 order to get free shipping then I add $5 for two day shipping. There’s the rub. From California to Vermont always takes at least three days. They will ship what they have in stock. They will wait until ALL backordered items come in before shipping those and then they ship em UPS ground or USPS which takes at least 4 or 5 days to arrive. So much for the extra $5 I originally paid for 2 day shipping. I have had back ordered items go in and out of stock at TW while I wait for that last backordered item. Have sometimes had to cancel some backordered items just to get them to ship what has arrived at their warehouse. Have given them feedback that their shipping practices are not up to par with other retailers. When I really want to see my stuff arrive in 2 days I order through Amazon Prime but you have to watch their prices which aren’t always the cheapest.

12. Member
    I've been tracking it, UPS shipped it 200 miles South of TW's location to a UPS Hub. Now it has to go extra 200 miles to get to my location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12