Speedo and gas gauge

When I bought my boat ( 2007 triton 21x2 w/ 225 proxs) The old owner took the gauges off the dash to mount two Mega 10 units. I notice that he had the speedo/fuel gauge still hooked up but hanging under the console. The questions i have are....

What color are the wires that hook to the back of the speedo gauge? There are two plugs that are the same but a couple different colored wire. I am guessing one is for the tach and the other for the speedo and fuel. The one the gauge was hooked to did not make the gauge work, but the other made the gauge move.

Second question is the hose for the speedo is just loose behind the cover. Since flushing out the lower unit water ports it spits water out when running on plane. Can I plug that off? I don't need the speedo gauge to work. I just wanna see the fuel level.

I can look tonight for the wires if no one else chimes in.

yes you can crimp or plug that speedo hose.
    2004 Triton TR21, 225 proxs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Five View Post
    I can look tonight for the wires if no one else chimes in.

yes you can crimp or plug that speedo hose.
    awesome Thank you.
    It looked like i pissed my pants yesterday coming off the water with the speedo hose spraying on my lap

I removed the speedo water hose T fitting and connected the hose to the Pitot Sensor.

Also removed the water pressure hose T fitting and connected the hose on the water pressure sensor. I have a level 1 MercMonitor to monitor water pressure and eliminated all water running to the console.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870