Max RPM range for 1995 200 xri efi serial # listed

Can anyone confirm 100% as to the max WOT rpm range that this motor wants to live in?
    Serial # 0G201960

I read 5000-5850 rpm
    My current prop 23’ produces 5500 at wot, looking to see if i should pitch down to 21’ to maximize the range and get another 300 rpm.

2. Member
    55 is fine but id prop for lil higher in heat book say 5800
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Thanks
    So is my info correct? 5000-5850 is the ideal range rpm?

Heat meaning warmer air temps? Right now my bay is super warm. Motor def doesnt run as ideal when in colder temps

Iv seen 6200 rpm from a 19’ i borrowed. So thinkn the 21’ will put me in thebmax range

4. Member
    Prop for max RPM in cold, dry air. You will lose 200-400 RPM in the hot humid summer air.

If you prop for max RPM in the summer, you will be bumping the RPM limiter when it turns cooler.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Solid info. I didnt even consider that. Makes perfect sense. The 19’ turned to 6200 WOT to 58mph back in april. Alot cooler air

guess its time to throw the 19’ back on and see what it does in this hot humid air. Give me a better baseline as to what i can turn

But then again, 19’ 3 blade quicksilver ll prop is a small”ish” prop for this boat and motor
    85 checkmate starflite 21’. Fully restored and no foam. From what iv been researching guys turn 24’ all day to 5800rpm. I have a 10” setback hydro jack plate, NO low water pickup, but good psi and good water temps

My 23’ is a powertech Tro4. Turned 5500 rpm at 62 mph
    Need some testing or possibly my tps is a touch out or the motor itself may be a bit tired its a 1995

6. Member
    might just need all sensors checked and lil linkage teak good tune up and mtr height adjusted, try a 23 tempest known good one see how it works
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good idea to check out the 2.5L Forum (one more down the list). That's where your engine would be covered.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor