Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(2) 122sv Networked question

I have a 122sv with Livescope at the Bow. Tonight I added a 122sv at the Console with 54UHD transducer. I Networked the sets with Network cable..As soon as I connected the new 122sv at the Console to the terminal strip, it came on and it turned the Bow unit on..I went to the Bow and turned that set off then returned to the Console. As soon as I turned the Console set off, it turned the Bow set back on..

I searched the menus under Settings>System>Auto Power>Auto Power Up is off on both sets. The only way I could get both sets to stay off was to Remove the power cord from the console unit..

I know I have missed something but could not find much info in the manual..

I need help
    Last edited by DonnieG; 07-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

2. Member
    That’s weird
    Don do you have both units Auto Power Up set to Off

Yes, both units Auto Power UP is "OFF" :::: I went down this morning and disconnected the Network cable & everything is fine, just no networking..

What is really weird is that as soon as I connected power from the new set to the terminal strip, it came on automatically & turned the Bow set on.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think there is a glitch as there was another thread about this and there were a few guys having the same issue. Dont think there is anything you can do. Maybe call Garmin and get the issue recorded with them/engineers so they can get it corrected.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=993543
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I think there is a glitch as there was another thread about this and there were a few guys having the same issue. Dont think there is anything you can do. Maybe call Garmin and get the issue recorded with them/engineers so they can get it corrected.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=993543
    Thanks Jeremy, I looked at that thread & I'm not the only one having this problem.. I will call Garmin this morning

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Lets us know what they say.

I spoke with Jason..He is setting up my situation with 2- 122sv units & Networking....We first went through the turn one on & the other comes on, etc..He got my email & telephone number & said he would contact me on any updates to this issue..He also pulled up the Thread that you referred me to..I believe we will get this issue resolved as Jason is a very thorough young man..WOW :::::: such a pleasure for a change..

8. Member
    This will produce results. I've had that happen where I had something going on and called in and they set up the same units the same way to see if they could replicate it. That gets a resolution. Kind of embarassing when it turns out to be user error after they've gone through that much trouble, but I have had it happen.

Let us know how it comes out.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Engineers are aware of the issue, and a fix will be included in a Quarter 3 software release.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

11. Member
    No matter what setting I use I cannot turn just one of my gpsmaps on without it turning the other on. Both are set to Auto power up=off
    Tried some other setting and no luck.

Have I got somthing set wrong or are there some near future fixes coming?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    No matter what setting I use I cannot turn just one of my gpsmaps on without it turning the other on. Both are set to Auto power up=off
    Tried some other setting and no luck.

Have I got somthing set wrong or are there some near future fixes coming?

thanks
    This is expected behavior with GPSMAP units networked with Ethernet. As you likely already know, you can put the units you are not using in Sleep Mode. Auto Power Up does not apply to this example. What this feature does when enabled is instantly power up the unit when input power is applied to the unit power cable (like when first turning on your master power switch on the boat).
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Engineers are aware of the issue, and a fix will be included in a Quarter 3 software release.
    Thanks Todd

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    What this feature does when enabled is instantly power up the unit when input power is applied to the unit power cable (like when first turning on your master power switch on the boat).
    So, what is the advantage of this "feature"?
    Seems like it should not turn on until you hit the power button, as long as the master power is on.
    Last edited by XRD; 07-19-2019 at 01:34 PM.

15. Member
    My 8612xsv are networked and they were set to auto power on when I turned on my boat main power. I changed this to Auto Power on= OFF. Instead of turning the bow unit to OFF, I put it in SLEEP mode when I stow the TM to keep Livescope from trying to find bottom etc. When I get to the ramp, I power down the console and everything is off. When I get to the water the next trip, I power up the console at the ramp, make my run, set down, change from charts to Livescope on the console, then go to the front and deploy my TM. I just have to touch the screen and the front unit comes to life out of SLEEP mode and I'm fishing with no waiting. I absolutely love it set up this way. Since I put it to sleep while I was using Livescope, it is back to that screen when I power up. I know this is probably not the OP's issue, but I love how mine are networked and seem to flow from one task to the other seamlessly. I remember trying to get my Bird 360 to come on. Now THAT was a true headache. Loving these Garmins and hope the next update will fix the OP's issue.

16. Member

Problem

It’s obviously a problem. Read my post a week or so ago. I have 3 of the new ultras and they are doing the same thing. Garmin has yet to find the problem. I bet they are working on a update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    My 8612xsv are networked and they were set to auto power on when I turned on my boat main power. I changed this to Auto Power on= OFF. Instead of turning the bow unit to OFF, I put it in SLEEP mode when I stow the TM to keep Livescope from trying to find bottom etc. When I get to the ramp, I power down the console and everything is off. When I get to the water the next trip, I power up the console at the ramp, make my run, set down, change from charts to Livescope on the console, then go to the front and deploy my TM. I just have to touch the screen and the front unit comes to life out of SLEEP mode and I'm fishing with no waiting. I absolutely love it set up this way. Since I put it to sleep while I was using Livescope, it is back to that screen when I power up. I know this is probably not the OP's issue, but I love how mine are networked and seem to flow from one task to the other seamlessly. I remember trying to get my Bird 360 to come on. Now THAT was a true headache. Loving these Garmins and hope the next update will fix the OP's issue.

17. Member
    I wonder if it would do this with the blue and brown wire hooked up to share info? Bad thing is u will not be able to share sonar. Be curious to see if that did stop it.

18. Member
    I don't think the blue/brown will have any effect on anything. Last I heard they are not implemented in the software for the Plus or Ultras to do anything.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Member

Wires

It says in my ultra paperwork and my old 93 plus that u can use the Brown and blue to share info.
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I don't think the blue/brown will have any effect on anything. Last I heard they are not implemented in the software for the Plus or Ultras to do anything.

20. Member
    Wow. We've had lots of discussions on that concerning the Plus units NOT using these wires. So I looked in the Ultra manual. Like you said, it does say that. I'd wait for clarification from Todd before I put any money on it. It does include those words compatible devices.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 07-23-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast