Best Hydraulic Jackplate for 2015 z7??

So I’m looking to get a hydraulic jackplate for my Z7. I’m going to eventually want power poles and plan on mounting the power pole brackets to the jack plate. So my two questions are, what is everyone’s opinion on the best hydraulic jackplate? Also, what size would be best for my boat with a 175 Pro XS?

2. Member
    I added 8” slidemaster fixed jp to my 2010 Z-7 with 150 optimax, then added 1 8’ pro-series pp. Have had good luck with it so far.
    2010 Z-7 Mercury 150 Optimax,
    Keel guard, pro trim,
    Humminbird Electronics
    Western Mass.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Bob’s 6”. I believe your hull likes a 6-8” set back. They’ve been in the game forever! I took my bay boat to their place since they’re in Tampa and those guys are a well oiled machine.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro 90 View Post
    I added 8” slidemaster fixed jp to my 2010 Z-7 with 150 optimax, then added 1 8’ pro-series pp. Have had good luck with it so far.
    Do you plan on adding another power pole?

5. Member
    I have a 6" Atlas with a 175 on my Z7. I also have a set of Blades. I couldn't see the benefit of more than a 6" setback. It works well for my application.

6. Member
    There are two as of now that have my attention. Bobs machine and atlas. Idk anything about either one of them as far as quality. A guy I work with seems to swear by bobs but I’m wanting more input from others with jackplates. I don’t know what kind of warranty atlas has but bobs has a lifetime warranty.

7. Member
    I don’t have the same boat as you, but I went with a Bobs Atlas plate powder coated in Black. The thing is sweet. Very nice product.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    I don’t have the same boat as you, but I went with a Bobs Atlas plate powder coated in Black. The thing is sweet. Very nice product.
    Bob's Atlas?

I have run both and they are both quality products.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Bob's Atlas?

I have run both and they are both quality products.
    Since you’ve had both, which one would you get and why?

I would lean towards bob's, but reality is price would be my main factor.

On the atlas I'm not a fan of the rods sticking below the plate. If your mounting a ducer around the plate you will know what I mean, they also can drag in the water at lower speeds. Just small details.

Never had an issue with either plate.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I would lean towards bob's, but reality is price would be my main factor.

On the atlas I'm not a fan of the rods sticking below the plate. If your mounting a ducer around the plate you will know what I mean, they also can drag in the water at lower speeds. Just small details.

Never had an issue with either plate.
    I like that bobs has a lifetime warranty. I’m not sure what atlas has but I do like that about bobs

They both have lifetime on the structure, and they both have limited warranty on the pumps. I think 3 years on the atlas, have to look it up for Bob's
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    Yes I am adding another 8’ pro series at some point
    2010 Z-7 Mercury 150 Optimax,
    Keel guard, pro trim,
    Humminbird Electronics
    Western Mass.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Atlas fan myself.

15. Member
    I had a 10 inch atlas on my z7 with 150, Worked perfect. Only reason the rods on the atlas would drag at any speed would be if the motor was mounted to high on the JP. They are a none factor, and a none factor on my 2019 z18 w hydronic atlas JP. I have a 3d transducer and a TM150 mounted on my plate. Both work great. I am sure a bobs plate would work great also. I am not sure which one is faster as that may be the only real gain you may have between the brands, and or having mounts already to fit poles or other items to the plate as those small items can add up to a few dollars.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.