Thread: Shimano Citica

Shimano Citica

I need a new reel for my carolina rig rod. Im currently using an old abu garcia royal express 6:3:1. I would like to get a low profile reel that has a decent line capacity and the citica seems to fit that, plus for the money. I was thinking of getting this since it is on sale at academy for $119.99 plus you have the $20 off coupon.
    Does anyone use this for their carolina rig? This rod is only used for my carolina rig btw.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

2. Banned
    I don't Carolina rig here in FL. But I do have the Citica i and the 14Scorpion which utilize the same platform, and they are great reels. Stocked up on a few extra Citicas for parts and stuff while I was able to get them for $100 each. Great reels, solid design. Holds plenty of line, and casts are effortless. You can't go wrong for $100

Citica is a 200 size reel. It will do whatever you want it to do. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

4. Member
    Did I just read that the Citica will go away? If so it is really too bad.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    Did I just read that the Citica will go away? If so it is really too bad.
    What I have heard. The SLX is taking the place apparently. The Citica and Curado have always been real close in production, so I guess they are trying to open that gap up.

6. Member
    Thanks for the responses, I ended up buying it today, will try it out this weekend hopefully.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

The old Citica E was a fantastic reel for the money. I have one that I put Orange Seal ceramic bearings in and throw med and square bill crankbaits. It'll cast as far as a $30 cab ride.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.