Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

13 Police Officers to be terminated over personal social media posts.

13 Pa. police officers to be fired over offensive Facebook posts

https://www.foxnews.com/us/13-pa-pol...facebook-posts

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Is it bias or is it a first amandment issue? What say the BBC?

2. Member
    Play stupid games...win stupid prizes. They should have known better.

If ya dont want shit to become public dont put it on a public site...and no the 1st Amendment does not apply to facebook... kinda like how it doesn't apply here (see nonpolitics rule)
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

3. Member
    Stupidity on there part, I see you are five-o, what you say ?

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    They deserve to lose their jobs for being stupid
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Play stupid games...win stupid prizes. They should have known better.

If ya dont want shit to become public dont put it on a public site...and no the 1st Amendment does not apply to facebook... kinda like how it doesn't apply here (see nonpolitics rule)
    But it’s a government agency taking punitive action against speech??

6. Member
    The first amendment protects you from your government prosecuting you, not your employer. Being fired is different from being prosecuted.

7. Banned
    Job performance should be all that matters, but as a public servant the trust of the community is important.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    They deserve to lose their jobs for being stupid
    If that was the qualifier I think everyone would be unemployed.

9. Member
    You just can’t fix stupid. So they fired it.

10. Member
    I would think that all the ones that posted something big or small would get the same discipline. That tells me there are different levels of racism posts so some racist remarks just get them time off, others get fired. Hmmmm.
    Praying for a Cure

11. Member
    Well...Does that mean if somebody found an old letter you wrote and it had something offensive in it, you could be fired? Media is media.

Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Even if they’re not on duty those posts can make it difficult for the general public to have full trust in them.
    So, should it be the same for whatever you do that you should lose your right to a voice or an opinion?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Not good decisions on the officer's parts. And too bad, when there is generally a shortage (I hear) of people who are willing to take on a very difficult job, working for a population that is so negative to them and in many times extremely uncooperative.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jham0077 View Post

The actions of these officers would be questioned from now on. You'd bet your as$ that if one of them ever stopped me for anything I would scream racist and racial profiling. This incident would be brought up and it could lead to charges being dropped.
    People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves and their like minded friends and keep off of social media. I agree with do stupid things, win stupid prizes.
    What you’re discussing is a possible Brady issue. Case law in place that a Brady issue is not necessarily terminable.

15. Member
    And “poof” just like that, jhamm is gone.
    These guys should have kept quiet. Of course they should lose their jobs. I would rather not have some racist homophobe bigots on any law enforcement.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    You cannot have a job that encompasses protecting and treating ALL members of society fairly when you post things of that nature. If they say this stuff on a forum where they’re not anonymous and everyone can see it....how do they treat the people they hate so much on the job?

Public safety cannot be in the hands of those that discriminate openly against members of the public.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    And “poof” just like that, jhamm is gone.
    These guys should have kept quiet. Of course they should lose their jobs. I would rather not have some racist homophobe bigots on any law enforcement.
    Whos jhamm, and where did he go?

18. Member
    It’s a double standard! As a DOD contractor I dare not disparage the President nor any group on a public forum using my name and the name of the company I work for be known. It would cost me my job. Yet, the employees we call the President, Congress, and Senate do it to each other and groups of people all the time...”deplorable” comes to mind.

19. Member
    Some interesting opinions.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    You cannot have a job that encompasses protecting and treating ALL members of society fairly when you post things of that nature. If they say this stuff on a forum where they’re not anonymous and everyone can see it....how do they treat the people they hate so much on the job?

Public safety cannot be in the hands of those that discriminate openly against members of the public.
    If bias against a community member was implied, shouldn’t it be proven through due process?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast