Thread: Lake Henderson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lake Henderson

I am not looking for spots. I am however trying to improve my offshore game to witch I have none right now. I was able to catch a few fish offshore in little henderson this morning. Are there brush piles or anything besides the attractors the scaning i did showed mostly barren bottom?

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I tried Henderson a couple weeks ago and only managed 2 small bass. These lakes look so fishy. I do well in the winter but just cant figure them out in the summer.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    I tried Henderson a couple weeks ago and only managed 2 small bass. These lakes look so fishy. I do well in the winter but just cant figure them out in the summer.
    Same here

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    The deepest part is off in the coves. ( I caught a nice one in the middle of the day using a BigDawgBaits Blk/Blu worm in 13'

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=910691&highlight=tsala+apopka+Cha in

Next time You head out to Little Lake Henderson and can get there in the early a.m... Head to the path and small trestle (leads into the lake beside LLH) From the bridge onward You can limit out in minutes, then it just turns off.. A Salty I took out there used a ZMan Swimmerz in 'New Penny' and was catching them one after another..

5. Member
    that was my 1st stop yesterday i threw flukes senkos and chatterbait to the trussel and vegatation around it with nothing. I didnt get bit till the island

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

6. Member
    We should meet up out there sometime.
    Question everything!

7. Member
    I am heading out Sunday the 28th

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

8. Banned
    See if You can find East Lake (the part West off of 44-- Also the long, long, long canal that leads to "Turner Camp Road"...)

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    We should meet up out there sometime.
    What are You wearing? If Sven will let You out & about ???

10. Member
    The wife and I will be out there on Sunday. We will be in a silver and blue BassCat.
    Brad Krone

11. Member
    gunmetal and white Triton I use Spivey ramp

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

12. Banned
    Solunar reading for Sunday @Hendo:

28Sun:

Rise: 6:47 AM
    Transit: 1:35 PM
    Set: 8:23 PM

Moon:

Rise: 3:12 AM
    Transit: 10:12 AM
    Underfoot: 10:43 PM
    Set: 5:16 PM

Phase of Moon:

Waning Crescent
    16% Illuminated

Good Activity:

2:12 AM - 4:12 AM
    4:16 PM - 6:16 PM

Excellent Activity:

8:42 AM - 11:42 AM
    9:13 PM - 12:13 AM (n)

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    For me the offshore fish in Little Hendo always travel in packs! This time of year they huddle together pretty well. I don’t know those waters nearly like a Lew but Little Hendo is a great place to catch some good fish! The creek opening on the north side of the lake has some offshore grass that usually produces for me with a chatterbait & small crank.

The west side side of the lake has out produced the east side for me 10-1!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    For me the offshore fish in Little Hendo always travel in packs! This time of year they huddle together pretty well. I don’t know those waters nearly like a Lew but Little Hendo is a great place to catch some good fish! The creek opening on the north side of the lake has some offshore grass that usually produces for me with a chatterbait & small crank.

The west side side of the lake has out produced the east side for me 10-1!

If You put in at 44.. as soon as You go under the bridge. Hit Joe's dock (Joe owns ApopkaMarine™) a jig to the pilings is always fun. Then get Your worm rod and cast to those Cypress trees; see those cabins? those are left over from a 1970's Fish Camp and You can catch Crappie all along that bank. Now when You get to that dock; beware- some times, whomever ties a cage tied to something? I had the dogs with me or else I would've investigated. Just on the other side of that dock it is LOADED and You'll find grass. (Straight Producto™ Tournament Worm works great there, something to slide through the pencil reeds

15. Member
    Thanks for the info. My wife and I will be launching in Spivey and will head over to Little Herderson Sunday morning.
    Brad Krone

16. Banned
    Thanks for the info. My wife and I will be launching in Spivey and will head over to Little Herderson Sunday morning.

Do You take 44 from Ocala? If "Yes" You ever see the water on driver's left when entering Inverness? That is "East Lake" which is accessible through Lake Spivey; past Lake Davis <--- This lake gets just about ZERO fishing pressure and the water is HIGH enough to get over near the 8th green/9th tee of Inverness Golf Club (Pan OUT when looking at maps- There was a map in a thread from before..)

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Do You take 44 from Ocala? If "Yes" You ever see the water on driver's left when entering Inverness? That is "East Lake" which is accessible through Lake Spivey; past Lake Davis <--- This lake gets just about ZERO fishing pressure and the water is HIGH enough to get over near the 8th green/9th tee of Inverness Golf Club (Pan OUT when looking at maps- There was a map in a thread from before..)
    That is the way we go..lol.. We take 75 south to Hwy 44. I will give that a shot too. Thanks.
    Brad Krone

18. Banned
    That is the way we go..lol.. We take 75 south to Hwy 44. I will give that a shot too. Thanks.

If You go along the regular canal, along the houses, that very first house they "cast and leave" so heed His 'Slow Down' signs. If You go the airboat route or the Lake Davis route, there is good-great Frog fishing in there, both hollow bodied and buzzing frog e.g. Damiki™ Air Frog

19. Banned
    This is the Producto™ I typed about: (See review)

https://www.productolure.com/index.p...product_id=294

And if the place has Producto™ see if they have these:

https://www.productolure.com/index.p...product_id=287

But if You MUST/HAVE TO/I NEED THIS get these and fish them weightless; the Hayabusa™ coated hook gets them shimmying just right, also work pretty good in the pads and then just ded stick it

https://www.productolure.com/index.p...product_id=276

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Lew, you are a wealth of information! I’m gonna have to follow you around one day
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast