BPS Maxxum 65# Trolling Motor

I am having a new Aluminum boat built it is 19-56 Blazer jet. I need a 24V T/M. The Bass Pro Maxxum 65#($669.99) is $230.00 less than the 70#(899.99) MK Maxxum, both have the same features as far as I can tell - do you think they are the same motors? I don't think 5# thrust is a big deal if they truly are different. A 42" shaft is preferred, but a 45" will work.

Thanks

Jeff

19 foot and in the river, get the 80, you’ll still want the 36 volt 101. 5 pounds will make a difference in current. I’ve run jets boats in the James for 30 years. That spring mount on Maxxum and Fortrex is the way to go.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

3. Member
    I second the recommendation, go with a Fortrex 80/45. You'll appreciate the power and yes, it's necessary. You'll have a break-away mount for when you ground your TM which will happen, a lift assist for when you need to pull it up fast and quiet/fast cable steer.

The Fortrex is a beast and runs that hull well. One more suggestion, If you think you're putting in a recessed trolling motor tray. Try to have it done by Blazer during the build and ensure your deck stays solid/rigid and no supports or lines of any sort are affected. Congrats, you got yourself a great jet rig there.

4. Member
    No matter which you buy, I would recommend against any 5 speed motor.

5. Member
    If you are trying to save money - look for a 80 maxxum. May check the for sale board or call Mr Jones and see if you can get a refurb