Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting a 115hp and under Bass Trail/Club

We are starting a trail/club for anglers with boats that have 115hp or less. Tx would be on Sunday mornings. Entry fees will be per boat. Can fish 2 man team or individual. We are posting to see how many people would be interested in fishing. Working on all the details now. If interested please respond to this post. Thanks!

2. Member
    I'd be in. I've been looking for a small boat club.

3. Member
    What lakes?
    BassCat Cougar FTD w/Suzuki 250SS

4. Member
    Looking to do Falls, Jordan, Harris,and the rest depends on the members and where everyone is from. Looking to do 6 and a championship. Starting September ending the first Sunday in December.

5. Member
    3 fish limit

6. Member acoberhauser@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I am east of Raleigh but would be interested in fishing

7. Member
    We will be posting schedule and rules on this thread as soon as we finish them.

8. Member
    Potentially interested, in Davidson.

9. Member
    potentially interested, come to kerr!!

10. Member
    Im interested...

Any word on if this going to happen?
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

12. Member
    Don't understand the need to be under 115, I fished with a 60 HP Tracker and took on all comers. Good Luck, hope you do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Don't understand the need to be under 115, I fished with a 60 HP Tracker and took on all comers. Good Luck, hope you do well.
    Not the be critical of this idea but I tend to agree. I’ve got a 250 and got my butt handed to me today buy a guy with a 150. And he’d have done the same in a Jon boat. LOL. I truly do not believe a guy in a smaller boat is at any disadvantage fishing our small, local lakes. Definitely the case in the trail I have run. But that said, go for it and have fun.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

14. Member
    Neil , yes sir it is, me and dad are are getting dates together now, will be posted before september 1st , are you gonna show and take all the money?

Ben , i do fish other trails and opens, this is something i want to do , i like little boats without the glits and glamour and latest wizardry, plus cost to maintain is alot less.

Bruce , i know a few times you were beat by a 115 hp 15 foot ranger also, and the other way around, i do however know some people that will sooner or later show that are hammers that just dont have a comparable boat because i dont care what people say , bigger boats are better , but i still can level the playing field like this. plus i can keep up the practice for the Piedmont trail in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Not the be critical of this idea but I tend to agree. I’ve got a 250 and got my butt handed to me today buy a guy with a 150. And he’d have done the same in a Jon boat. LOL. I truly do not believe a guy in a smaller boat is at any disadvantage fishing our small, local lakes. Definitely the case in the trail I have run. But that said, go for it and have fun.
    Some of the guys in small boats are intimidated going up against big boats so they dont play. Not a big difference in the capabilities of a 150 boat vs a 250 boat but when you get into smaller jon boats and such there is. A guy in a jon boat with a 40 probably isn't going to run from Ledge Rock to the dam and not think twice about it like we can in big boats. He also most likely is not going to have 4 12" graphs, GPS, power poles and an ultrex.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

16. Banned
    A guy in a jon boat can get under “the bridge” at Kerr where a full size bass not cannot. So tournaments make it off limits so it will be fair. I have always got a kick out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Some of the guys in small boats are intimidated going up against big boats so they dont play. Not a big difference in the capabilities of a 150 boat vs a 250 boat but when you get into smaller jon boats and such there is. A guy in a jon boat with a 40 probably isn't going to run from Ledge Rock to the dam and not think twice about it like we can in big boats. He also most likely is not going to have 4 12" graphs, GPS, power poles and an ultrex.
    You’re right about the long run on Falls Neil even though all the turns and no wake zones level it out a bit. I just wanted guys running those boats to know that I think they can do just fine in some of the smaller scale club stuff available in the area. I never tournament fished with my Tracker but looking back there no reason I shouldn’t have. I’d encourage and welcome them to fish with us any time.

As far as hammers showing up, it can happen but I think the lower purse tends to keep
    them away. And have what happened yesterday do we need to start calling Wade a hammer now?

Anyway, not discourage this idea but more trying to encourage others to give it a go.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    It's not an issue of personal capability, but rather an issue of physical capability; in other words "playing on a level playing field". As Neil touched on, it affects ones decision making. Time is an important factor, and I am less inclined to make a trip from ledge rock to the dam in a six hour day than Bruce would be in his brand new Triton. My 1985 Jon boat would eat up a substantially considerable amount of time making that long run; especially if you factor in summertime ski boat traffic.
    Last edited by Just some guy; 08-18-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just some guy View Post
    It's not an issue of personal capability, but rather an issue of playing on an even playing field. As Neil touched on, it affects ones decision making. Time is an important factor, and I am less inclined to make a trip from ledge rock to the dam in a six hour day than Bruce would be in his brand new Triton. My 1985 Jon boat would eat up a substantially considerable amount of time making that long run; especially if you factor in summertime ski boat traffic.
    Yeah, a long run like that does matter. But, on the flip side I fished a tourney out of Ledge when my outboard was down and brought in a nice limit on just the trolling motor. And some of my favorite spots on Falls are close to that ramp. But, yeah I usually make the run to the damn area. And you are right, ski boat traffic sucks. It took me 30 min to get back this year in my old Triton and that was pushing it in rough water which resulted in my big fish dying.

Please don’t take my comments to be derogatory or discouraging at all. I just want to encourage guys who might be interested in tournament fishing to go for it regardless if what you fish from. And if I run a trail next year know that you can compete and you are more than welcome to join us any time. And if you’re curious but unsure of going it solo, ping me. I may have an open back seat. While its been fun to win here and there, its been way more fun to make some new friend and I don’t mind passing that along at all.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

20. Member
    Ha ha. No worries Bruce. I've been fishing with you for two years now out of Neil's boat. Like I said, it's not a lack of confidence in my ability, but rather a question of my boats capability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast