LOWRANCE CS IS TERRIBLE

Okay, spent almost an hour on the phone with a woman who barely spoke english clearly. Are we calling India now for their CS? Had to repeat everything 3 times before she put me on and off hold numerous times, asking more questions, then going to one of their so called team leaders, more hold time, and came back asking more of the same questions. I have an issue with my trails. HDS 12G3, set a trail to display and record, works fine that day, come back the next day and it's gone, using the same trail it starts all over again, my software is up to date. 18.2, so this is the issue i'm having. So she comes back on again and says she is going to send me a video on how to resolve my issue. I say great, give here my e mail, and sure enough i get the e mail a few minutes later. It was an instructional video that is basically in the owners manual on how to create, waypoints, routes, and trails. Very frustrated to say the least. Has anyone had this issue? If so I'd sure like some help getting it resolved. Thanks!

2. Member
    Did you get the video in English? I agree with your perception of Lowrance CS.

Sorry you're having this issue. I assume you've tried all the obvious stuff? Erased previous trails to clear up memory, soft, and hard reset?
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

3. Member
    They lost me as a customer. Mis-information about exchanging my unit, story changes at all levels of their organization . I've been exchanging messages with another member who has had a similar experience. I gave them every chance to come through. Frankly unless you're on a tour or on their Pro Staff I don't think Lowrance gives a bleep about the consumer. You don't see anyone defending them given the numerous emails on this topic. It started out Ok and has progressively got worse since Monday.

The sad part is their product (when working as expected) is really good. Their competition has caught up and they will struggle to hold their market position. As of right now Garmin is the lead dog with Humminbird right there as well. This will be fresh swap all around and I hope I can sell the other HDS9 Gen 3 at the console to walk away from them completely. That unit is working flawlessly.

They don't deserve my hard earned money.
    Last edited by SAL321; 07-18-2019 at 06:54 PM.

4. Member
    I can tell you Lowrance pro staff team do care and help out here on the BBC forum as much as they can. I can say lots of complaints have been forward to the right personnel and most complaints have been taken care - Jason
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin4bass View Post
    Okay, spent almost an hour on the phone with a woman who barely spoke english clearly. Are we calling India now for their CS? Had to repeat everything 3 times before she put me on and off hold numerous times, asking more questions, then going to one of their so called team leaders, more hold time, and came back asking more of the same questions. I have an issue with my trails. HDS 12G3, set a trail to display and record, works fine that day, come back the next day and it's gone, using the same trail it starts all over again, my software is up to date. 18.2, so this is the issue i'm having. So she comes back on again and says she is going to send me a video on how to resolve my issue. I say great, give here my e mail, and sure enough i get the e mail a few minutes later. It was an instructional video that is basically in the owners manual on how to create, waypoints, routes, and trails. Very frustrated to say the least. Has anyone had this issue? If so I'd sure like some help getting it resolved. Thanks!

Are you using a Navionics mapping card?

6. Member
    PM sent - No mapping card

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gilstrap View Post
    I can tell you Lowrance pro staff team do care and help out here on the BBC forum as much as they can. I can say lots of complaints have been forward to the right personnel and most complaints have been taken care - Jason
    Jason, you helped me out with my issue for sure and really got the process moving. I very much appreciate the help you provided
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Member
    Yes, I have a Navionics Platinum card

9. Member
    Yes, I have a Navionics Platinum card
    Try removing it and run for a day and see if everything works right.

Try removing it and run for a day and see if everything works right.
    Why do that? If that does effect the outcome I would think it would be a defective unit if it can't read the card properly.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Why do that? If that does effect the outcome I would think it would be a defective unit if it can't read the card properly.
    Why not just try it and see the outcome. Cant you give it a chance or do you know everything and refuse to try anything!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    You're kinna implying that Navionics products are flawless - without fault. Not so li'l grasshopper. They've been known so ship NIB defective and they've been known to become corrupted at some point in time. Even, heaven forbid, as unbelievable as this may sound - corruption caused by the product owner.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    You're kinna implying that Navionics products are flawless - without fault. Not so li'l grasshopper. They've been known so ship NIB defective and they've been known to become corrupted at some point in time. Even, heaven forbid, as unbelievable as this may sound - corruption caused by the product owner.
    I've had the card for a couple of years,everything worked fine up until recently. I'll pull the card and see what happens. I'm not against trying something as simple as that. I should have posted on here first prior to calling CS. That was a complete waste of time. Not sure what's happened with CS, back in the day you used to be able call and speak to Linda and you were taken care of, now, not so much. They better hope that new Trolling motor isn't plagued with issues, could get ugly!

14. Member
    I've had the card for a couple of years,everything worked fine up until recently. I'll pull the card and see what happens. I'm not against trying something as simple as that. I should have posted on here first prior to calling CS. That was a complete waste of time. Not sure what's happened with CS, back in the day you used to be able call and speak to Linda and you were taken care of, now, not so much. They better hope that new Trolling motor isn't plagued with issues, could get ugly!
    Yes sir... I hear ya'. I don't think anyone here is even remotely suggesting you don't have a legitimate beef. Unfortunately as inconvenient as it is there's steps to resolution that gotta be made. This is simply one of them. Don't see anywhere in this thread that you've tried soft/hard resets. Be prepared to take those steps the next time you're on the water. If removing the mapping card doesn't help. Try any/all of these: Restore system defaults - Soft Reset - Hard reset. One of those just might be the ticket.... then of course might not too!

15. Member
    Hey all, just so you know...and I know you will find this hard to believe...any SD card can become corrupt at any time.
    Flash that goes into SD cards is some of the lowest grade, stuff...
    If you go more than 3 months with it powered off, it can lose its mind...so, some of the NIB stuff that is corrupted cold have been sitting on the shelf too long at the store...
    Net, lots of things can cause issues, and could be related to various issues...but assuming that anything on an SD card is perfect is not so...google Flash Retention Time...if you do, you will never trust an SD card for anything other than temporary storage again.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Yes sir... I hear ya'. I don't think anyone here is even remotely suggesting you don't have a legitimate beef. Unfortunately as inconvenient as it is there's steps to resolution that gotta be made. This is simply one of them. Don't see anywhere in this thread that you've tried soft/hard resets. Be prepared to take those steps the next time you're on the water. If removing the mapping card doesn't help. Try any/all of these: Restore system defaults - Soft Reset - Hard reset. One of those just might be the ticket.... then of course might not too!
    I plan on going through the resets if the card removal doesn't do the trick! If all fails, I have a brand new unit I've never used I'll replace it with.

17. Member
    Fortunately you can get outside assistance as many of us are accustom to issues. Maybe Lowrance will work on the customer support...
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

18. Member
    I was disappointed with call-in CS and also no reply to my email requests for help from Lowrance. I gave the online chat a try and was helped IMMEDIATELY. Might want to try it.

19. Member
    I guess the issues they can't figure out, they just continuously ignore you until you give up trying, much like Microsoft. I've emailed and called numerous times and gave up on getting a response about a month ago after 4 months of emails and phone calls, the last 2 months in which I received absolutely no response. I go out of my way to tell everyone I know and even some I don't about Navico's horrible customer service and will continue to do so.