Well.... snap...

Snap ain't really the word I was wantin' to use but it's one I figured would get me banished from the ether world....

Did a lot of re-wiring here recently. For the most part it was installing a new BlueSea fuse block under the console to connect all my electronics to - which I did. Then I put a BlueSea terminal fuse block at the battery to eliminate a bunch of in-line fuses. For all the flashin' and banging.. it was pretty much a tit fer tat kinna deal I thought. So now... I have no trim anywhere except at the engine.

I have the negative from my #1 trolling battery hard jumpered to the negative of my cranking battery, part of my Stealth One install. To trouble shoot I pulled my bow panel. I connected a test light to the negative for the trolling motor(which is connected to my cranking battery) then I touched the bare spot @ the red connector on the trim switch. The test light lit up. So If I have power to the trim switch but neither up or down trim function.... And yup.... everything was working before I decided to fix what was not broke. Anybody got a starting point to test/look at?

2. Member
    I would start with the tilt and trim relays on the big motor.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

3. Member
    Soooo..... tried jumping between green wire and red.. nada. Hooked up toner to green wire. toned fine at console.... pulled engine cowl.... tone was there too.... Head scratchin'.... Mmmm... I'd made new battery cables as part of the re-wire.... Had to move wires to get to wires then.... Dang cannon connector was layin' there there unplugged like a limp.... dish rag.. Plugged cannon connector and roto locked it and all is fine..... geeeessshhhh wonder how many more problems I can create for myself before I get done with this????

Thanks to all that were thinkin' about helpin'!

4. Member
    Thanks Ed.. I was headin' that'a way!

5. Member
    Could be worse, I've got a cannon connector that has to be in JUST the right position to stay connected. Got it taped together and zip-tied to the support. As long as I don't move it it's ok. About once a year everything goes silent and I have to check/fix it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Could be worse, I've got a cannon connector that has to be in JUST the right position to stay connected. Got it taped together and zip-tied to the support. As long as I don't move it it's ok. About once a year everything goes silent and I have to check/fix it.
    That's probably O.K. in good weather and calm seas. It might keep you from making weigh-in on time, or at worst let you watch a storm from the lake.