storage box suggestions

I’m looking for suggestions on a storage box for hooks.

Id really like to keep my hooks in the package, and typically cut a small slit or open them and sea the packs if they have a fold over in the clear plastic baggy

Specifically I would like to stand them up vertical like a card organizer.

Currently they are laying down flat.

The size I’m searching for would fit the VMC cardboard which specialty hooks come in, like the wacky worm and drop shot hooks, or the clear plastic packages Gamakatsu comes in.

Ive gone through a few different ones in stores and either they are not deep enough or waste too much room side to side.

Any suggestions ?

Maybe a soft-sided CD storage wallet?

3. Member
    Plano 3600 deep. That's what I store all my hooks in. I keep them in their original packaging and they sit on their side int he box. Easy to flip through them and find the bag I want. Dividers make it easy to sort them by size/type as well.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    CD organizers (like above) come in so many shapes and sizes it can’t hurt to try! I keep my terminal Tackle in small “drug dealer” baggies in a shallow 3700, I wish I had a good way to keep them in their original packaging!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    I keep all my sinkers, hooks etc.. in the original packaging and in a large worm binder, works pretty good

6. Member
    I tried the original packaging (still keep swimbait hooks in original packaging). Tried the 3700 Bass Mafia. This year I'm trying the Aaron Martens method (1 3440 box for each type). So far this takes up a bit more space but it's so efficient, and I can just grab the couple boxes I might need if I have to retie often and set them on the deck, not worry about scattering 300 hooks and 200 tungsten weights.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

7. Member
    i ended up buying bass mafia dd boxes. they keep the original packaging, minus the display hook tab. works really well, heavy expensive boxes though. i have one for weights and one for just hooks

8. Member
    Plano 3700 Deep that has the red gasket in it. Is what I use
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

9. Member
    I bought some thick, 4mm, 2in x3 in, zip lock bags from Amazon, has a white strip to write the size of the hooks on it. Then lined them up in an index card box. Went from a Plano with crap everywhere to that box that fits in my hand.