BoatUS vs Seatow vs ???

What does everyone use, if any of the assistance on the water/tow services?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

I think BoatUS is the only one in my area. Before you pay them their membership fee check you insurance policy to see if on water towing is included. I had forgotten I had the coverage. If I need it, I just pay it and send Progressive the receipt and they will reimburse me.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I use BoatUS with their roadside assistance. Well worth the money, last fall I blew the motor in my truck 150 miles from home, called them they dispatched a driver and towed my truck and boat home. All I had to cover was the excess mileage over the 100 covered but that was my choice, they would have towed it to a repair facility within the 100 miles for free. For the covered mileage all you do is sign, BoatUS covers the expense and no reimbursement needed. Well worth the money in my opinion.
    My auto insurance has towing coverage but they won't tow the boat and my boat coverage won't haul the truck but 15 miles.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

I have Progressive now. But I'm looking into a commercial policy for guiding and Progressive doesn't offer one. BoatUS does. And it includes their on the water assistance. So I'm looking into what people think of their service on the water.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I have Progressive now. But I'm looking into a commercial policy for guiding and Progressive doesn't offer one. BoatUS does. And it includes their on the water assistance. So I'm looking into what people think of their service on the water.
    Ha, well that a crucial detail. Their service is probably going to be 100% dependent on your location. When I called them, it was going to take him 2-3 hours to get to me on one of our most frequently used lakes because he was going to have to drive to the lake, launch and them come get me. Yet, on another local lake I frequently see the boat out on the water on the weekends.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Been with Boat US for 30 years. Have never had to use the services, but would not be without having them available. If there are certain lakes or rivers you frequent they can tell you if there is a service boat located on that body of water or what a typical response time would be. If you plan to use the tow service included in your insurance check to see what the limit is. My boat insurance is through Boat US and there is towing service included, but it is $250 max and you pay the tow and file a claim. May be different with a commercial policy, but check to avoid surprises. I do the unlimited add-on to the $10 annual membership and all you have to do is call and sign when tow completed. And the road assist add-on cost is so cheap it's pretty much a no brainer. The main feature for me is no matter where I am, water or road, I make a call to a number I have and I get service.

7. Banned
    I've always relied on the kindness of others... And have towed a few in in my days... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I've always relied on the kindness of others... And have towed a few in in my days... Dan
    Been there - done that....both ways. However, that does depend on "others" being in right place and right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    SeaTow for me , I fish a lot of winter afternoons when no one is around , I live at the lake so I don’t mind paying $165.00 a year . My neighbors might not be home and I don’t want to be stranded . I also help boaters in distress.

10. Member
    I use SeaTow. I called them on Memorial Day weekend a few years ago and they were to me within thirty minutes. My home lake does have a SeaTow location and it was during their normal working hours but to be there that quick on the Sunday before Memorial Day was impressive to me.

11. Member
    Only used Sea Tow one time. Broke down off Ocean Isle. N.C. 5 miles off the coast. Called Sea Tow and within an hour was hooked up. Guy couldn't have been no more than twenty years old. Professional and as courteous as you could ask for. Not only towed me but helped me load the boat and never put one scratch on the boat. If you've ever loaded under the bridge at Ocean Isle you'd know how experienced you have to be to pull that off.