Ranger Brake Line

06 188. I have a brake line that sprung a leak going from the caliper to a T connector on the axle. Trailer has tie down components. Ranger has them on backorder until August so I found a tie down 24" brake line online and ordered it and surprise, it's slightly smaller than what's on the trailer. Since then I've run around trying to find a brake line or have one made and nobody seems to know what size the fittings are, maybe metric? Just tried calling ranger and they're out to lunch at the moment. Does anybody happen to what size the brake line fittings are?

Can you use the old fittings and just make a new line? I do this all the time with cars/trucks.

3. Member
    It's leaking in one of the fittings so can't reuse. Seems to be slightly bigger than 3/8-24.

I would take both fittings to your local auto parts store and see if they can match it up.

Usually it's the flare on the line, in the fitting that leaks and not the actual fitting. I have taken old fittings, put them on a vise and run a drill bit (same size as line) through them.

6. Member
    When I worked on the hard brake lines on my 03 Ranger Trail I was surprised to find single flares, which are supposed to be a no-no for automotive hydraulic brakes. On the bright side, single flares are easier to do yourself than a double flare or SAE flare.

7. Member
    I followed a buddy's advice and flipped the line around and cranked it really tight and no leaks yet. Guess I'll find out if it holds up tomorrow.

8. mikesxpress
    Take the line to NAPA and they will make one for you while you wait.