storage nightmare . (warning disgusting content)

Thanks US STORAGE of Lake Elmo .

After discovering myself that the climate controlled 10x20 unit had flooded do to shooty construction all of are boxes where soaked on the bottom are photo albums, pictures ,yearbooks clothing soaked . The humidity was so bad that the boxes that didn't get wet where soft and damp. They never called to notify us or anyone else what had happened
    And at the end of the day the standing water inside the building was still there .they made know effort to clean any of it up. I feel sorry for the people hows units were flooded and still where not notified

We buried my wife's father earlier that week Had only two to be out of are house we sold And attend my daughter's graduation from college by the weekend. When the manager of the unit didn't like my tone of voice she evicted us. Even though they had already charged us 200.plus for the month. The district manager was there and said or did nothing till we called corporate who gave us the runaround.
    We were given a sheet to right down items that were damaged how much we paid how much the replacement cost it .BECAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME ,RIGHT!!
    To top it off when were trying to to remove the last of are stuff the manager tries to take one of the carts we were using away from my son a Marine and Iraqi war vet With full disability saying regular business hours are over. My other son starts filming her actions and she tries to take his phone or block him and pushes the hitting him in the face ,and yes it's all on video. That's my US STORAGE EXPERIENCE.

Mark G.
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

2. Member
    Wow, sorry for the way you were treated. You wonder how they stay in business with that kind of customer service.

Time to them, no one should endure type of harassment.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

4. Member
    If you have film footage, sounds like you should be the soon to be proud new owners of a storage rental business to me. I would not let it slide and get swept under the rug.

5. Banned
    Sorry your stuff got ruined but using a clear head, mind and actions always almost certainly prevails in these types of situations. I know the knee-jerk reaction of the crowd (and society in general)is to get a lawyer and sue somebody or something to make it right. I personally would take the high road, get an apology and move on instead of helping another lawyer pad his bank account.

6. Member
    I would put it on FB so everyone else knows to avoid that place. I would also sue there ass.

7. Member
    Thank You for posting and sorry for your experience. Please pass along my deepest respect for your son!

8. Member
    Sounds like an attorney is in order. If it it stated as climate control units, they are on the hook for replacement of the items you have lost(sorry of the photos lost) Also take the video of the assault and turn it over to the prosecutor.
    Thank your son for his service.

My son called the Sheriff and filled a report before we left . Posting on facebook and anywhere else we can. I just got off the phone with someone from somewhere who guaranteed me someone would be contacting me to help resolve the matter... we'll see.
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

10. Banned
    Obviously that have handled this poorly, but from my experience storages basically have you sign a waiver against water/wind/fire damage.