New to the Lowrance world...

I am restoring a 1989 Ranger 361V bass boat and almost done. I have beat myself to death researching electronics and came down to (2) Lowrance Elite 9 ti2's or Garmin Echomap Plus 93sv, both look like great electronics. I went to a bass pro shops to put my hands on both units and left feeling pretty confident I wanted the Ti2's. I have gone back and forth, but yesterday ordered the Ti2's from Russell Marine. I bought one of the Ti2's with the Y Cable so I can mount the 2d transducer to shoot through the hull. I have previously only owned Hummingbird products. Really excited to get these units set up.

2. Member
    Welcome to the show. The folks here are super helpful, so don’t hesitate to ask any questions. It’s really tough to decide what to get, only because all of the things marine electronics do now are really cool. Some do certain things better than others, but truly they all are amazing tools.

Tight lines!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Quote Originally Posted by agg5910 View Post
    I am restoring a 1989 Ranger 361V bass boat and almost done. I have beat myself to death researching electronics and came down to (2) Lowrance Elite 9 ti2's or Garmin Echomap Plus 93sv, both look like great electronics. I went to a bass pro shops to put my hands on both units and left feeling pretty confident I wanted the Ti2's. I have gone back and forth, but yesterday ordered the Ti2's from Russell Marine. I bought one of the Ti2's with the Y Cable so I can mount the 2d transducer to shoot through the hull. I have previously only owned Hummingbird products. Really excited to get these units set up.
    That's great to hear. You made a great choice, although all brands have their pros and cons. Do you mind me asking what the deciding factors were?

4. Member
    It was a tough decision, the wireless networking feature and the clarity on down and side imaging, the Lowrance seemed to have the edge according to some of the Garmin owners and bbc sponsor/sales. The edge went to Garmin on the 2d and customer service. I went back and forth on both, but ultimately went by bass pro and played with both, both are great units, I just think for me personally, the Lowrance was a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by agg5910 View Post
    It was a tough decision, the wireless networking feature and the clarity on down and side imaging, the Lowrance seemed to have the edge according to some of the Garmin owners and bbc sponsor/sales. The edge went to Garmin on the 2d and customer service. I went back and forth on both, but ultimately went by bass pro and played with both, both are great units, I just think for me personally, the Lowrance was a better fit.
    good to know. Wireless networking is really nice, especially with the price of a map chip these days.

6. Member
    Well, I mounted both of my Lowrance units this weekend and took the boat out, I am very impressed with the image quality, especially on the sidescan. I didn't take any time to really play with the units, I was too busy scanning or fishing. I will be loading my hotmaps platinum today...so far, very happy.